Past & Present Brides: No Bridal Party

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 megansg

• 27 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:50 PM

This is so good to read because I thought I was being weird with probably not having one! We probably won't but it depends who comes. His friends are seeming to be more likely to come and mine are less likely, but we'll see. If one of my good friends came, and one of his came we might do it. But low-key with no fancy dress or anything. Who knows. But it is good to know I am not alone :)

#22 FYB87

• 976 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

I'm not having a bridal party and we are only having family at the wedding. I hadn't thought about the witnesses. So I guess we will have to do a legal ceremony here since we are staying with family at a villa and getting married there too. I may need to rethink things.

#23 Birdie07

• 1,218 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:58 PM

I did not have a bridal party either. It was just 4 parents and DH's cousin. We had our rings in a shell holder thing and the cousin held it and when we needed the rings he just walked them up to the judge. I liked how simple and no stress it was. And as for witnesses I had one set of parents do it. My dad walked me down the aisle. And mom's did sand so everyone had a part in the wedding.

#24 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:17 PM

We didn't have a bridal party either, our children walked us out and then stood with us. We wanted this marriage to reflect that all that mattered was the 7 of us.

#25 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:05 PM

I'm not having bridal party either its just too much hassle for us. The rings? not really thought about it but judging the way he gave me my engagement ring I bet he puts them in his pocket lol or sporran on this occasion!

#26 Tammy34

• 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:57 PM

where did you get this box, I LOVE IT!!!!!

#27 leslie

• 15 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:31 PM

We're not having any either, just a small group of family as witnesses! Thats the way we wanted it so do what you feel is right.

#28 SDSteph

• 812 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

We deceided to not do the bridal party for the same reasons, did it work out ok?
                  Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#29 hockeymom97

• 2,458 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:53 PM

I don't want to have a bridal party either and it's causing some debate in our household. FI says "I'm screwing him out of having a best man", and when I asked him what it what about having a best man that he wanted, he couldn't come up with anything and told me it's just because you're "supposed to have one". Well this is my wedding and I don't think we're "supposed" to do anything other than what we truly want to do. So there lol
                    Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users