Photo

Past & Present Brides: No Bridal Party

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:17 AM

It's your day...you should do whatever it is that makes you happy...I dont hesistate to remind my family who's day it is...teeeheee
    Can we all say....BRIDEZILLA??

#12 bsullivan2

bsullivan2
    • 74 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:49 AM

We are only having a MOH and a BM. The MOH is my sister and the BM is his best friend. My mom was complaining b/c we were not going to have a large BP including a flower girl and a ring bearer. I have just explained to her that this is our wedding and this is how we would like to do things. It is your wedding, and you should do what is going to make the two of you happy! Good luck!!!

#13 beckyandbrian

beckyandbrian
      • 113 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:41 AM

We did not have a bridal party and we carried the rings ourselves (I had his on my thumb and he carried mine on his pinky).
        Our wedding slideshow: www.elizabethmedina.com/beckybrian

#14 MelanieS

MelanieS
        • 820 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          What? I'm not Mandy's MOH?
          No, silly. You are officially DOD - Director of Decorations!

#15 logorman

logorman
          • 24 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:24 PM

I'm not having a bridal party no one is going with us to Jamaica either. We decided to be selfish and have the week to ourselves and not entertain anyone. It is a second marriage for both of us and we each have children so that would also create problems and the cost would be crazy.

I have a very good friend that was hinting to go with us but I had to stick to our original plan and say no. We will have lots of pictures to show everyone so hopefully they will understand.

Do what makes you happy and not what others want because it is your day.
            Lisa
            April 1, 2008
            Sandals Royal Caribbean, Jamaica

http://tickers.Ticke....22d9/event.png

#16 crawford2B

crawford2B
            • 244 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:54 PM

We did not have a bridal party. My FI's son stood up there with us and the other couple that went with us signed the certificate but that was about it. Do what you want. It is your wedding. Good luck!

#17 MoKe0506

MoKe0506
              • 81 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

Thank you so much everyone for responding. I feel a lot better. I think I'm going to stick with my plan. We'll either give the rings to the officiant or I like the idea to wear it on my thumb. i never thought of that, lol. Thanks guys.

#18 jmill130

jmill130
                • 601 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:24 PM

Great ideas, I have been struggling with the same things... all of you have made me feel better:)

#19 Carolena7

Carolena7
                  • 785 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:08 PM

We didn't have a bridal party either and it worked out just fine....we wanted it that way... or else I would have had more BM than he would have had GM...so it worked out better this way
                    About the witness....they told us that they could have two people from the resort but then we ended up having a legal ceremony here prior to going and just a symbolic ceremony in Mexico so it wasn't an issue...but just a suggestion that you could ask your WC if your resort could supply the
                    witness
                    And then the rings, we gave them to our WC prior to our ceremony and we had them in ....well it's just easier to show you....so here's a pic what we had the rings in....there was a little bit of sand in it with the rings sitting on top of the sand and the box was sitting on the ceremony table already when we got up there.
                    Click the image to open in full size.

#20 MoKe0506

MoKe0506
                    • 81 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:14 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Carolena7
                      We didn't have a bridal party either and it worked out just fine....we wanted it that way... or else I would have had more BM than he would have had GM...so it worked out better this way
                      About the witness....they told us that they could have two people from the resort but then we ended up having a legal ceremony here prior to going and just a symbolic ceremony in Mexico so it wasn't an issue...but just a suggestion that you could ask your WC if your resort could supply the
                      witness
                      And then the rings, we gave them to our WC prior to our ceremony and we had them in ....well it's just easier to show you....so here's a pic what we had the rings in....there was a little bit of sand in it with the rings sitting on top of the sand and the box was sitting on the ceremony table already when we got up there.
                      Click the image to open in full size.
                      Great Idea!!!! Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users