VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
    JUST EMBROIDERED TOTES
    Ok I didn't see hankies- just burp cloths. I'm sure those would work. hehe

Anyways, maybe just email her and ask. She was super easy to work with.

I emailed her before I decided to DIY. She is really nice.

#22 Myda77

Myda77
    • 821 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:07 AM

Hi Morgan, have you had any luck making your own hankies? I wanted to get them as favors for the ladies, but the prices are a little crazy. I was going to try and embroider them myself. Any tips?
      Maida & Tomas
      Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#23 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Myda77
        Hi Morgan, have you had any luck making your own hankies? I wanted to get them as favors for the ladies, but the prices are a little crazy. I was going to try and embroider them myself. Any tips?
        I haven't started yet. I have all the supplies though. I bought a 10 pack of hankys at Kmart. Maybe I'll work on it by the pool this weekend.

The supplies were cheap. The hankys were about $6 for 10 (in the mens department). The embroidery stuff was only a few dollars. I've been told cross stiching is easy. I plan to look for a guide online. I'll let y'all know how it goes once I get a chance to get started.

#24 lucy106

lucy106
        • 2,880 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:28 AM

Ok ladies I have been looking all weekend for what I thought I had seen here...it is a website where they can coordinate the hankies with the color of your bm dresses and or wedding gown, anyone remember where this site is? Thank you!!!! Desperately searching, Steph

#25 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:36 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by lucy106
            Ok ladies I have been looking all weekend for what I thought I had seen here...it is a website where they can coordinate the hankies with the color of your bm dresses and or wedding gown, anyone remember where this site is? Thank you!!!! Desperately searching, Steph
            it was something like snotty bride. cessy boston posted it.

I started making my mom's by the pool this weekend. it's not perfect, but I think she will love it.

I saw some etsy sellers selling them for $10-$12. Probably would have been easier than doing it myself. I hope I can get them done in time. I don't want to stress about it. Just lay by the pool & stitch. If I don't get to it in time I'll just give them blank hankies.

#26 lucy106

lucy106
            • 2,880 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

That does sound familiar, I will have to look under cessy's posts. Thank you!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users