Argh! Had to scrap my invites

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 RyanAmanda

• 235 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:04 PM

After waiting patiently for my order from Paper Source, I designed gorgeous (if I do say so myself...lol) boxed invites based on ideas I got from nylalany's invites. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED them.

Anyways, I went down to the post office to make sure they meet their requirements - up here in Canada you can mail an 'oversized' letter up to 20 mm thick (0.787 of an inch). The boxes from PaperSource are 3/4 of an inch so it should have just squeaked by. Well, I guess PaperSource meant ABOUT 3/4 of an inch because they're too big! The invites should have cost about $1.50 each to mail but because they're a tiny bit too big, it would cost $10 per invite! We have 60 to send out so that's way too much.

So back to the drawing board....sigh..and I promised everyone the invites would be in the mail this weekend.

#2 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:06 PM

Oh that is horrible! You mean they're 3/4 inch thick? I'd ask for a refund from PaperSource then if they're oversized. That sucks.

So what are you going to make now?

#3 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:07 PM

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Invites have been my biggest problem so far!

#4 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:08 PM

Oh no Amanda! that BITES! Is there ANY way around it? Can any of them be hand delivered to each persons mailbox by you?

#5 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:10 PM

papersource is pretty good about making things right with their customers. i exchange stuff there all the time. its worth giving them a call!

#6 Yari

• VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:24 PM

Wow, that blows. Sorry you have to go through that. How frustrating!

#7 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:26 PM

Thats no good Amanda! So sorry to hear about your added stress. Hopefully we can help u come up with something!

#8 RyanAmanda

• 235 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

I'm sure PaperSource would give a refund but it's not really worth it. I only bought 4 boxes ($2 each) in different colours just to decide what colour to use. Plus I bought some other stuff (not for invites) so it's not too bad. It would cost more then the $8 to send them back. It's just frustrating because I really liked the invites. The box sides are exactly 3/4 of an inch but then the part that makes up the top and bottom 'wall' is about 1/16 of an inch each. So in reality the box is just over 7/8 of an inch. The post office has this hard plastic thing with a hole that is exactly 20 mm high. Your envelope HAS to fit throught that so that's why they wouldn't accept it. You can't bat your eyelashes at the mailman and convince him to take it...if it doesn't fit, it isn't getting mailed.

I guess I could hand-deliver them. It just seems...I dunno, not professional? Tacky? That's not the word I'm looking for but hopefully you catch my drift.

#9 jajajaja

• VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

I hand delivered my STDs and it was fun. Everyone loved getting them hand delivered- i don't think anyone thought it was tacky- at least they didn't say so. And if they did, I would have taken the invite back- haha. Plus it's fun because you get to talk to the people when they get them and see how excited they are.

I only had 20 STDs though. Not 60 to hand deliver.
                Happily married since 2008

#10 RyanAmanda

• 235 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

Yeah, 60 seems like a LOT. Plus, since Vancouver is such a spread out city, it will take like 2 days. Errrrr!

Tacky isn't really the word I meant. Just that weddings are a formal affair (even though ours isn't...lol) and mailing them is proper. I mean, it's not like a backyard BBQ.

My sister hates the idea of me hand delivering. But I think hand delivering is better then redesigning, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users