Negril- budget wedding on the Cliffs?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:21 AM

Hi all,
    I'm planning my wedding and we decided we want to have it in Negril, at a hotel on the cliffs. I've checked prices at Rockhouse, Tensing Pen, etc. but it looks like we're going to have a decent-sized group (about 80 people) and we're on a budget... Has anybody been to Negril Escape? Would you recommend it? So far this seems like it might be our choice, but it's hard to decide sight-unseen...
    thank you!!!
    P

#2 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
    • 489 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

Sorry I can't help you on that one but Congrats and Welcome to the forum. Happy planning!
      http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#3 luv2love

luv2love
      • 260 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

Welcome to the forum! Sorry, don't know much about that resort, but if you go to Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor they have lots of travelers reviews on different hotels/resorts and photos and stuff. Hope that helps!

#4 Jenn

Jenn
        • 1,557 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:00 PM

I spent part of my honeymoon in Negril, but didn't see this resort. Sorry :) I would definitely try tripadvisor, and the forums on fodors.com were also really helpful when we were choosing a place. I'm sure you'll find someone who's been there on fodors. The cliffs are tough because most of the resorts are a little smaller. The beach hotels just tend to be more geared to a larger group.

#5 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
          • 1,572 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:29 AM

Thanks for your help, ladies! I'll be checking out tripadvisor some more and fodors as well.

#6 vogteli

vogteli
            • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:53 AM

Hi there,

I'm not sure about that particular resort - but there's a resort next to Tensing Pen called Catcha Falling Star that you might want to check out as well. It's similar to Tensing but cheaper. I haven't been there but it gets great reviews and we are going to be using it as an overflow guest hotel when we are down there for our wedding.

Also check out Blue Cave Castle. It gets great reviews too - it is literally a castle on the cliffs - a little quirky but nice grounds. Different style of rooms than Rockhouse or TP.

And there's a new hotel opening in Nov 08 called Moondance Cliffs (it is sister property to Moondance Villas on the beach) - they will be more pricey once they get going but there may be a chance to get some cheaper rates locked in before they open that might work for you?

You could also check out the lighthouse - while you can't stay there - you can get married there - no idea what the costs might be there tho.

good luck!!

#7 Jenn

Jenn
              • 1,557 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

Oh... that reminds me... Sunset at the Palms is opening a new resort on the cliffs... I think it opens in Nov 08 as well. The grounds looked pretty when we drove past it...

#8 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                • 1,572 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:01 PM

Thanks Vogteli & Jenn! I've been finding some really gorgeous places on the cliffs... now just a matter of figuring out which will fit into our budget.

#9 MayaGirl

MayaGirl
                  • 78 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:54 PM

When I first started researching location in Jamaica, that was my first choice. The pictures on the website look beautiful. They have so much information on their site, and links to pictures of sunset weddings that look just breathtaking. They also have a large indoor, or amazing reception area on the cliffs. The themed rooms seem like a lot of fun as well. It also has a great rep on trip advisor, with some wedding reviews.
                    I ultimately chose ROR because it is AI, and I wanted a beach wedding. But the sunsets in Negril cannot be beat, and I'm sure Negril Escape would do a fabulous job with your wedding.

#10 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                    • 1,572 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:52 PM

Thank you Maya!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users