Photo

My car was broken in to last night

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#11 ticia277

ticia277
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:39 AM

Wow, this is a bummer! I'm just glad they didn't take anything else, especially your check book. It's a darn shame people have to resort to theft these days. I just wish folks would start treating others (and their property) they way they want to be treated.
    Loving Married Life!

#12 lucy106

lucy106
    • 2,880 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:43 AM

Boo Morgan! Thats no good at all! What a pain! Sorry to hear this is how you started off your week!

#13 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
      • 985 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:44 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Morgan
        yep honda civic. But, it was not the factory part.

After I bought that stereo to replace my broken factory one, I learned about the kind with the input for plugging in your ipod. So I'll get that kind to replace it. Doesn't really make it better, but atleast I have something to look forward to. I listen to my ipod mostly when I drive.
        I'm so sorry that this happened to you Morgan.

I seriously considered trading my vehicle in just so I can get an ipod hook up :)

#14 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:45 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sarah
          That's so scary Morgan! Getting broken into makes you feel so violated. I had a car stolen once. It's so sad how desperate people are...

The good news is that you're ok. A cd player is replaceable :)
          yep, that's how I feel. A cd player isn't something that is hard to replace or that expensive. I think it was $160. I'm bumed, but I'm not devistated.

I had my purse stolen in 8th grade at church. I haven't gotten over that one. I'm such a cautious person. I have a huge padlock on my computer at work & one on my monitor. I know this is just going to make me that much more cautious. I'll go back to removing the faceplate everyday & bringing it inside.

A guy in the lab next to me had his laptop stolen thursday. That would really upset me. All that information & how hard it is to replace. So I sent out an email warning everyone to backup their harddrives on thrusday. I planned to do a big backup on friday & my computer wouldn't start that morning. How crazy is that?

Luckily mike recovered my hard drive so i didn't lose anything. I had to buy a new hard drive. So I've been having some bad luck. But, I can tell I am so happy with my life because it really isn't getting to me. How can I be upset when so many other things in my life are so perfect?

#15 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:48 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Helen_S81
            I'm so sorry that this happened to you Morgan.

I seriously considered trading my vehicle in just so I can get an ipod hook up :)
            You can just swap out the stereo for one with an ipod hook up. What I was doing (prior to today) was using an itrip. I had my radio preset to a station that my itrip transmitted a signal to. So I'd plug in the itrip & it would play my ipod over that station. It works better if the ipod is also plugged into the outlet getting power. An itrip is about $30.

But, soon I'll have a stereo with an ipod input. That's the bright side of this.

I also have a clock radio I got at target for $20 that has an ipod input. It's really nice too. I play my ipod over the bathroom radio when i take a bath. I love listening to my podcasts. I'm addicted to "this amereican life."

#16 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

aw morg sorry to hear this happened to you.

#17 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
            • 1,565 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

no one seems to take my stereo even when they break into my car... i dont know why ? maybe you should get one of these

Click the image to open in full size.

#18 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:52 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Morgan
                yep, that's how I feel. A cd player isn't something that is hard to replace or that expensive. I think it was $160. I'm bumed, but I'm not devistated.

I had my purse stolen in 8th grade at church.

How can I be upset when so many other things in my life are so perfect?
                OK, seriously? Your purse was stolen at church? Nothing is safe anywhere! I think there's a special place in hell for people that would steal something at church!

I love your attitude- that's kinda how I am about things... a car stereo is pretty small in the grand scheme of things. But still quite upsetting. Now, if my laptop got stolen I might have a major meltdown...I'm glad Mike recovered your hard drive- holycrapolascary!

#19 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
                • 2,302 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:01 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Sarah
                  That's so scary Morgan! Getting broken into makes you feel so violated. I had a car stolen once. It's so sad how desperate people are...

The good news is that you're ok. A cd player is replaceable :)

Well said! That is exactly how I felt when my car got broken into last month,my window got busted, and my new digital camera was stolen! I was thankful enough they didnt rob me while I was still in the car, as it seems it happened an hour or so after I got home at 3 in the morning! Jerks!
                  2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#20 KarmaB

KarmaB
                  • 796 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:07 PM

Ahh, Morgan. I'm so sorry to hear this. This kinda stuff makes me so mad. My car got egged bad last weekend and it messed up my paint. Don't people have any regard for others any more!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users