Moon Palace...

• 2 years later...

One of my gf's families goes to Moon Palace every year. They love it and thing its the best place ever and that is why they are now members. She actually bought the membership because she wanted her daughters to get married at the mp. It's going to be amazing! Good luck planning. 

• 3 months later...

If anyone is interested in booking a wedding at the palace resorts, including the Moon, please PM me I am a member and happy to let you use my discounted rates on packages and rooms, etc.  They don't deduct weeks from my membership, and I am happy to help out any bride in need, especially one on a tight budget.  please send me a private message!  Thanks and good luck ladies.

Originally Posted by amandaa View Post

Icirelli, I'm interested in taking you up on your offer.  I am looking to get married in May 2011.  It was last minute as I need to go to work in June.  At the moment I'm on maternity leave.  Let me know what I need to do...thanks!

It's not any cheaper than some of the offers you can find through a TA. Save yourself the headache and get a TA. I wish I had. The low season starts May 1, so the prices drop dramatically. You still can get group benefits and palace promotional dollars booking through a TA.

Amanda, You are not entirely correct. 

Member rates are for Superior Deluxe Ocean which are the 3rd tier in room pricing, they are not the cheapest rooms. I do not disagree that you probably found a ta to find you the cheapest deal they had, and that rate was less than the one I quoted you, that is entirely possible, but not under the same room category.

As far as group benefits, the resort has confirmed with me that they do not apply unless the rooms are booked with the hotel directly, and specifically the weddings department. You may want to call the hotel to confirm this.

Member rates come with 1 mani/1 pedi 1 backmassage per person per room booked, other rates do not.  

TA's take an additional 20% on top of any weddings collection that is booked through the palace, so you might want to figure that in as an extra that you have to pay.

Finally if you book through the hotel weddings under my membership you can cancel/change your reservation at anytime, no penalty.  Other companies, charge a cancellation fee, some are pretty hefty.

Thanks and have a great day, and no worries.  Good luck with your wedding!

Actually, many TA's are able to negotiate the group benefits. The resort just wants a group contract and will only count reservations made through that specific contract. There has been brides on here that were able to negotiate including all rooms no matter the reservation method. As long as you have your TA confirm and include the group benefits in your contract, I would not worry.

The wedding collections are not more expensive if you book through a TA, if you book through a member you get a 20% discount. Otherwise, this 20% goes to the TA as a commission. However, right now you can use the promotional dollars to pay for the wedding collections. And most of us brides look at the packages and realize that it is more cost effective to purchase individual options to customize our desires.

There is no cancellation or change fees for membership reservations, but you are still charged the wedding cancellation fees.

Especially since you are pretty much booking last minute, look into a TA.

As someone that booked through a membership, I wish I had gone with a TA. Guests can only make reservations through the wedding department, Monday to Friday, 9 to 5. This doesn't always fit people's schedules. Even if you book a group contract directly through the resort without a member you get an online group booking link. There is also poor service from the Miami department. I would prefer someone local to be available to answer my questions.

Just my opinions since we're getting married there in 2 months, and I am not at all pleased with the membership service.

Originally Posted by lcirelli View Post

Amanda, You are not entirely correct. 

Member rates are for Superior Deluxe Ocean which are the 3rd tier in room pricing, they are not the cheapest rooms. I do not disagree that you probably found a ta to find you the cheapest deal they had, and that rate was less than the one I quoted you, that is entirely possible, but not under the same room category.

As far as group benefits, the resort has confirmed with me that they do not apply unless the rooms are booked with the hotel directly, and specifically the weddings department. You may want to call the hotel to confirm this.

Member rates come with 1 mani/1 pedi 1 backmassage per person per room booked, other rates do not.  

TA's take an additional 20% on top of any weddings collection that is booked through the palace, so you might want to figure that in as an extra that you have to pay.

Finally if you book through the hotel weddings under my membership you can cancel/change your reservation at anytime, no penalty.  Other companies, charge a cancellation fee, some are pretty hefty.

Thanks and have a great day, and no worries.  Good luck with your wedding!