• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

Has anyone managed to find clipart as nice as what is on a white aisle invitation?

vintage invitations, lace letterpress invitations, something different invitations

#2 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
    • 985 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:50 AM

I asked my daughter and she recommends Stock Photography: Search Royalty Free Images & Photos | iStockphoto.com

She has used some stuff from there for various projects, including the logo she made for herself for the wedding. I'm not sure how it works but I think that you do have to pay for some of the images but that they are vectored so you can modify them (that is what she said, it might mean something to you but it doesn't to me :)

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

[QUOTE=Helen_S81;303715]I asked my daughter and she recommends Stock Photography: Search Royalty Free Images & Photos | iStockphoto.com

She has used some stuff from there for various projects, including the logo she made for herself for the wedding. I'm not sure how it works but I think that you do have to pay for some of the images but that they are vectored so you can modify them (that is what she said, it might mean something to you but it doesn't to me :)[/QUOTE]

you sound like my mom. she writes down some things I say word for word so she can repeat them. There are index cards under her phone so when people ask what mine & my brothers jobs are she can read them off. It's better than what my grandma does. She just makes something up.

Thanks, I have been looking through istockphoto. If I find the perfect clipart, I would be willing to pay for it.

#4 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
        • 5,681 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:15 AM

WOW, those are beautiful! Which one are you looking for??

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:19 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jenn3878
            WOW, those are beautiful! Which one are you looking for??
            nothing in particular. I just like their designs. I haven't found clipart as pretty anywhere.

#6 Tobi

Tobi
            • 163 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:03 AM

Did you have any luck? I would love to use the line drawing type of style for my invite as well. Keep us posted =)

#7 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:21 AM

I have to say, Morgan. When I was looking for clip art I was looking desperately to find some that mimicked the “Barcelona” invite, but no luck. I even tried copying the invite and blowing it up but it was very blurry. Good luck!

#8 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,752 posts
                • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:29 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by amyh
                I have to say, Morgan. When I was looking for clip art I was looking desperately to find some that mimicked the “Barcelona” invite, but no luck. I even tried copying the invite and blowing it up but it was very blurry. Good luck!
                we were talking about this on amy's invitation thread last night, but for karlav's invitations, hers looked similar to the barcelona invitations from white aisle, and she used the IM Fell Flowers 1 & 2 fonts that she got from dafont.com

let me find the link.... shit, it was deleted in the house cleaning i think. i have photos saved to my computer and in my email i think from when i exchanged emails with her, let me look for them.

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:44 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mauraw
                  we were talking about this on amy's invitation thread last night, but for karlav's invitations, hers looked similar to the barcelona invitations from white aisle, and she used the IM Fell Flowers 1 & 2 fonts that she got from dafont.com

let me find the link.... shit, it was deleted in the house cleaning i think. i have photos saved to my computer and in my email i think from when i exchanged emails with her, let me look for them.
                  i have those fonts. I'll have to check it out.

I guess thats how white aisle charges the big bucks. they have such great designs that can't be found anywhere else. someday I'll tackle the challenge of drawing out something like their graphics.

#10 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,752 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:13 PM

is anybody else having a hard time with photobucket today? i have a bunch of stuff i wanted to post here with photos of karla's invitations and some graphics for morgan, but photobucket is all screwy...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users