9 or 10 bridesmaids! HELP!

wow, thanks ladies! It's nice to hear that i'm not the only one going through it. I think i have decided that I will have my 2 sisters, 4 best friends, 2 FI sisters and decide later about the 2 other friends. I also think I will have them all sit. I like the idea of MOH and Best man to stand up, but I couldn't choose who would be the MOH so i'm not having one...these decisions are hard! thanks for all the help...I'll let you know what i end up doing.

I see nothing wrong with a large bridal party, all of these people mean something to you so I can totally see why you would want to include them! I think you could assign jobs if you feel comfortable with that but seriously a big bridal party is fine regardless of where you get married. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaes View Post
I have been struggling with this for months. I still don't have a location secured yet, but i have some ideas of where it will be. It is definitely on the beach in Cabo. But I'm have a dilemma and i need some help. I want bridesmaids but ideally I would like 4 or 6, but in order not to hurt anyones feelings I have do 10! Which i think is just gonna look silly. I love all these girls, some I'm closer to than others. I have 2 sisters and 2 of my FIs sisters and 4 friends that I am extremely close too so I really want them in my wedding. I know I could do just sisters but i really want my Best girlfriends. And then I have 2 more girlfriends that I hang with almost all the time, but I'm not as close to them. But i know if were me, and they asked all our friends to be in their wedding, I would be upset, I would understand, but it would hurt my feelings.

I was thinking about having all 10 and having them walk down the isle and then sit down. I would prefer to have them all stand next to me but i just think its too much. or is it?

Or I could just do the 8 and hope that the last 2 don't get their feelings hurt?

Lastly, one of my FI's sisters has said she would love to be in the wedding, the other one i don't think cares either way, and I love both of them...but I'm thinking of a way to cut people out, would it be worse to not include his sisters and include my last 2 friends? or the other way around (include the sisters and not the last 2 friends)...ugh, please help!!! I thought about doing none, but all my girlfriends are really into it, and my little sister has her heart set on it (she is 14)...
Oh, and were having about 90 people, Just so you can get a visual of what it might look like with 10 bridesmaids...yikes.

smile105.gif
I was having a similar issue with choosing the brides maids and a friend suggested that I do what Monica on "Friends" did and have a contest (Brides Maid Wars). She suggested that I set up a really fun night out with the people that I would want there and play sort of a game on how well they each know you, etc.... (pretty much whatever you want) that way the top winners get to be part of the wedding party and the rest won't feel bad that you didn't choose them.

I didn't end up doing this and instead focused on what I wanted and picked the 5 people I couldn't imagine "not" being next to me. Don't feel like you have to pick people just because they will feel hurt, or because they asked you to be a part of their wedding etc... the wedding day is about you and your FI and what you want.

Holy crap. SO many big wedding parties. I don't even know 10 girls. :)

I see nothing wrong with 10 but if that's bothering you, I agree to assign jobs. I asked one of my cousins to do a reading because I want her to feel included. She's important to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodria View Post
Assigning jobs it's a good idea. Also, making some guests of honor or assigning readings also helps. But you can certainly have 10 BMs if you would like.
What do does "guest of honor" mean? and entail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adinu View Post
I was having a similar issue with choosing the brides maids and a friend suggested that I do what Monica on "Friends" did and have a contest (Brides Maid Wars). She suggested that I set up a really fun night out with the people that I would want there and play sort of a game on how well they each know you, etc.... (pretty much whatever you want) that way the top winners get to be part of the wedding party and the rest won't feel bad that you didn't choose them.

I didn't end up doing this and instead focused on what I wanted and picked the 5 people I couldn't imagine "not" being next to me. Don't feel like you have to pick people just because they will feel hurt, or because they asked you to be a part of their wedding etc... the wedding day is about you and your FI and what you want.
This is Hilarious! rofl.gifI love "friends" i never saw that episode!!! its an idea... but there are 4 that I have to have and I wouldn't want them to losefencing.gif