Photo

ROR Room Rates

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 JamaicaBrideToBe

JamaicaBrideToBe
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

Just wondering, does anyone know - about - what their group discount rate was from the advertised room rate?

#2 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
    • 1,260 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:51 PM

I'm sure this varies based on the time of year, but based on double occupancy my peeps are paying $150pp night. The website price was about $200pp. We used a travel agent but did not do a group booking b/c we didn't want to risk loosing our deposit if people didn't book in time. the group rate was the almost exactly same though, maybe $10 less a night.
      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#3 JamaicaBrideToBe

JamaicaBrideToBe
      • 89 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:26 AM

That's exactly what I was wondering. Thanks for the answer, the hotels rate is showing 208.00pp and I wondered what the discount would be.

#4 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
        • 489 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:55 AM

We paid 1600$ for the week I think it would have been 1700-1750$ without the groupe rate
          http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#5 Heidi

Heidi
          • 2,642 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:39 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by twelve_piece
            I'm sure this varies based on the time of year, but based on double occupancy my peeps are paying $150pp night. The website price was about $200pp. We used a travel agent but did not do a group booking b/c we didn't want to risk loosing our deposit if people didn't book in time. the group rate was the almost exactly same though, maybe $10 less a night.
            That's exactly what we did too! :)

Though, our TA is getting us transfers from airport to hotel too... We're staying for 8 days in a Jr suite, round-trip flights from PHL and transfers, and it's costing us just over $3,000.
            Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#6 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
            • 186 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:38 AM

Sounds about right...My TA booked me and honey for 7 nights in a junior suite,,,with airfare and transfers included came to $2750.

#7 hulahooty

hulahooty
              • 34 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:10 AM

I am also from Calgary and we own a home based travel company so we are booking our own wedding. At this point sunquest has not finished their contract with Riu. Prices for the resorts have not been released to the general public. If you have a group quote at this point and you have booked your 10 people your price should not increase even if the contract price comes in higher. Prices should be released to the public in April

#8 JamaicaBrideToBe

JamaicaBrideToBe
                • 89 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:29 PM

Well I don't have a TA set in stone yet...seems I get people that want to help at first and then don't follow through. I've been trying to find charter prices even just to give my guests an "idea" of what they can expect to pay and it's not easy.
                  So, I recently found a TA in the states that knows her stuff but is not interested in booking Charters due to past experiences I guess...so she wants to price air and then land. UGG....
                  What day is your wedding?

#9 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
                  • 298 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

Just to give you guys a heads up Liberty Travel is having a huge sale this month for Riu Ocho Rios. It is called the "March Madness Sale" my travel agent rebooked us under this current rate. She is excellent.

#10 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
                    • 186 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:50 PM

thanks for that info...i as well booked with Liberty Travel..im gonna give my girl patricia a call RIGHT NOW!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users