Las Caletas Boat Ride

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Duchess

Duchess
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:14 AM

Hello everyone!

One question that my mom keeps asking me is how choppy is the boat ride at night from Las Caletas? My grandmother is 90 years old and we are a little concerned about the ride. I know someone else who got married on an island around pv (not LC) and I guess the boat ride was a little dicey.

Has anyone taken the larger boat at night, even as part of the night tour? Were people queasy or anything? Some people will always get a little sick on boats, but was it just one or two, or was it rough?

I just want to get some opinions, so that I can set my grandmother's mind at ease.

Thanks!

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:25 AM

I know there's a ton of this discussion in the main LC thread - but basically, yes, it's common for some people to get sick on the boat. My MIL did, but was fine afterwards. Most people are fine if they take something, like dramamine.

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:19 PM

My Grandparents are really worried about this. I'm going to try and make everyone who is concerned take Non-Drowsy Dramamine and just pray it works out in the end.

Also, Ann is right - there is a lot of discussion on this in the main LC thread so you should check there for more info.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 Duchess

Duchess
        • 358 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:47 AM

Main thread? I thought I was in the main thread of PV?

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:31 AM

the Las Caletas thread ... here it is! http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1775

#6 Duchess

Duchess
            • 358 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:38 PM

Thanks! I have seen that thread but didn't realize it covered this topic.

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:42 PM

I'd be impressed if you could find a topic it DIDN'T cover! lol I went through and tried to clean it all up once, and delete a lot of chit chat - but was having computer issues that day. I'll get back to that soon ...

#8 Duchess

Duchess
                • 358 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:09 PM

I will search it better next time. What I did find when i searched was some comments within people's wedding reviews. Good info to have.

Thanks!

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

no problem - it's a huge thread!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users