for something really big: ginormous
    my 5 year old even uses it

#22 Celina

Celina
    • Banned
    • 2,811 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:06 PM

Lately it has been "Ka-Chiga"

I have watched the movie "Cars" so many times, (thanks to my 2 year old son) that instead of saying "Yay - good job" (or something to that effect) - we say "Ka-Chiga"
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#23 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:34 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by DougsGirl
      Oh we also say "murdalize" as in, "Ooh I could just murdalize that idiot who just cut me off!"
      omg. i just busted out laughing at my desk and now people are looking at me. thanks abbie! i have to use murdalize in a sentence today! too funny.

jose and i keep a running list of the stupid things we each say, i should pull that out and post a few of my own later tonight!

#24 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:26 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mauraw
      omg. i just busted out laughing at my desk and now people are looking at me. thanks abbie! i have to use murdalize in a sentence today! too funny.
      jose and i keep a running list of the stupid things we each say, i should pull that out and post a few of my own later tonight!
      heehee, sorry!
      and i want to see that list! i bet it's a riot! i should start doing that, what a fun memory keeping idea!

#25 PaulaV

PaulaV
      • VIP Member
      • 2,813 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:31 PM

When I read the post title the first thing that came to my head was the action that the do in "Friends" to flick people off.

C'mon you know what it is...
        I do that every now and again.

Non words that are words in my own little world?
        'Gai-gondo-mondo' is latest one we use.

#26 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
        • VIP Member
        • 3,405 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

I say "yummers" when things taste good. It annoys the heck out of FI. His family calls little bits of crud on the floor or carpet, "nerds" I think it is too wiered. They all say it like...."pick up that little nerd on the floor." Wierds me out.

#27 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:40 PM

Paula - you just reminded me of something my dad says - greatgooglymoogly. He makes up tons of words, or jsut plain old uses them incorrectly. He always says " are you cereal?" instead of serious.

I know there are ones that I do too, but I can't think of any right now.

#28 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
            • 1,881 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:54 PM

snarf. Immortalize by the little cat on Thundercats. It is a weird sort of laughing sound that my friend's mom makes. so when something really funny happens we both go "snarf-snarf."

This posting has made me realize i am a little strange...
              http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
              February 14, 2009

#29 Gretchen

Gretchen
              • Banned
              • 416 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:08 PM

My family does this a LOT. We also tend to use words that were once a mistake, and now is the common usage. If ya mess it up, we will use it to make fun of you and then it will stick.
                A few examples:
                My brother is "Shames" because he couldn't pronounce "James" (his name) when he was 2 - about 28 years ago!
                We call a fork a "forky-worky" because my mom did when we were kids. When pouring something, we say "Tell me when to whoa". Silliness! We also make up songs.... And names for people. I tend to call people by their first name and a made up middle name that makes them sounds rather back-woods hill-billy-ish.
                Gretchen "GiGi"

#30 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:13 PM

I screw up sayings all the time- I'm sure I've written some really retarded ones on here. I apologize if I've confused anyone in the past. It's an illness, really.

My fav word at the moment is craptastic. I know I say others but my mind is blank.
                  Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users