Photo

Happy St, Patty's day!!!! What's everyone doing St. Patrick's Day??

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:04 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JulieG
    Well, I have always loved St. Patrick's Day and it also happens to be my birthday, best birthday every BTW.

This year though, no green beer for me. Since the pubs are soo packed, it makes no sense for me to even venture out. So we are having a dinner in this year with family.

I have lots and lots of pics of past years though, we Always go way over board, I even dyed my hair green once :) Its always a great day.
    awww, well have a great birthday, you should post the green hair pic

#22 JulieG

JulieG
    • VIP Member
    • 8,323 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:08 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MsShelley
      awww, well have a great birthday, you should post the green hair pic
      I actually don't think I have a pic of that. I will have to see if my friend Lisa does, it was a few years back and I did not have a camera, but she has always had one and taken lots of pics, so if anyone has one its her.

#23 tlomlad

tlomlad
      • Banned
      • 1,949 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

here in philly we have a bar crawl called the erin express that was yesterday and its crazy but as for 2marrow prob have a few green beers in the am then have to work boo boo in the pm so maybe a nap in between lol!!!

#24 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:30 AM

Click the image to open in full size.

#25 lscilley

lscilley
          • 1,466 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:35 AM

I am working all day booo =(

#26 PaulaV

PaulaV
            • VIP Member
            • 2,813 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:04 PM

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
              Nothing today Had to work through lunch. Missed the downtown parade because I was on a call...
              We went to our friend Patrick's house on Saturday to celebrate, that was fun :)

I own two green shirts, sad I know. A nicer long-sleeved one I am wearing today and Saturday I wore my Pixies concert T-shirt, ha!

#27 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

i made corned beef last night and we bought green river to drink and i ate irish soda bread with butter for breakfast :) i am not wearing green though because my FI is on vacation this week, and i didnt want to turn on the bedroom lights to look for my green shirt while he was still sleeping

#28 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:34 PM

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I got back from Chicago pretty late last night so I played hookie this morning! No more green beer for me! At least until next year...

We went all out for the bachelorette party--matching t-shirts, boas, head-bobbers, a 6 ft blow up leprechaun, etc. I had a shamrock veil and a green bouquet! I'm still waiting on pictures. It was so much fun! Though, some drunk people didn't seem to get that it was a bachelorette party even with all of our regalia. I started telling guys it was my first communion.

Thinking about going to a local Irish pub here tonight. I need to have a heart-to-heart with my liver and see if she's ok with that or if I have done enough damage.

#29 lucy106

lucy106
                • 2,880 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:37 PM

Unfortunately I am working, then going to physical therapy, then going home and behaving my weight watchers self. So there! Not at all fun!!!

#30 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,116 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:37 PM

Quote:
                    I got this idea from Rachelle who's anniversary is Cinco de Mayo. Leave it to two wino's to pick hardy drinking holidays to get married.
                    Exactly!! lol!

We did all of our major partying on Saturday. We went to a parade in Dallas, so started all our drinking around 11am and pretty much kept going 'til we were too tired and hungry to be bothered with it anymore! lol! It was lots of fun. But man was I worn out! I went to bed immediately after we got home (about 6:30) and didn't wake up until 9am on Sunday! I felt great when I woke up though...not even a hint of a hangover!

Tonight we're acutally going to a Mexican restaurant that we love...it's 1/2 price margarita night...how are we supposed to pass that up!? lol! I know it's terribly un-Irish...but I AM wearing green and will be celebrating in spirit....'til I go to be early 'cause I have to get up at 5am tomorrow. :-P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users