wedding times

Hey guys

I am trying to book my wedding for April 2009 and I cant believe how booked up they are already... we were offered 1pm for the day we wanted, I think this is too early in the day for the wedding, so I might try adn change the date.. has anyone had a 1pm wedding and can give me some feedback!

Thanks

Jill

coming from a photography (as well as being a bride I am also a professional photographer) stand point....it's a bad time for pictures. The sun is the at it's highest point at noon and it creates really harsh shadows on faces.....anytime after 3 is great for photographing outside. If you don't mind changing the date then I would go for it....as long as it's not a date you're really attached to.

Good Luck!

I know, it is CRAZY how far in advance these hotels get booked! Are you planning on getting married on the beach or on a covered terrace? If you are planning on the beach, I just wonder if at 1pm it'll be too hot and uncomfortable for your guests to sit thru the ceremony?

Lisa

thewave.gif

I was worried about this problem when I booked my wedding - we just got married March 1st @ 2pm. They told me that was the latest time that was available and the wedding that was booked after mine never even happened while we were there? But, anyway, I was worried about the heat and the lighting for photographs. I think my photos turned out great - you can check them out if you want (Becky and Brian). I am sure that it was a little bit more difficult for the photographer, but she did an amazing job. The only thing that I can even tell is that in some of the photos, my husband is squinting, but I think he would be doing that at 4pm or whatever time if the sun was still out. It was hot out, but not any worse than it was at 4pm. My husband pointed out that the heat is actually worse at 5pm than it is at 1 or 2pm and he is right. IMO, you will be fine, but do whatever makes you less stressed and worried:)

From a photography perspective - 1:00 can be a problem. And it doesn't really matter how much skill the photographer has...there isn't much you can do about harsh overhead light during a ceremony. You may have harsh shadows and squinting in your photos. A good photographer can work with it on photos before and after the ceremony - but not during. Now...if you can order an overcast day - no worries. cheesy.gif

The other thing that you may want to consider is that it really takes up the whole day for your guests. Of course they are there for your wedding - but they would likely enjoy having either the first half of the day or the second half of the day to enjoy the sun - a 1:00 wedding sort of messes up the whole day.

I hate to be a downer. Even with the things that I listed - having your wedding at 1:00 is not going to be the end of the world if you really have your heart set on that date. Best wishes! :)

Hey, I'm glad someone mentioned this. I have reserved a 1:00 wedding too. It was the only time available on my date. I also work for a prof. photographer and understand how the light can affect photos, but I think the mindset to take with the whole destination wedding is....go with the flow! I know the photos will probably not be as "perfect" as they could be, but we will just make the most of it! If you have a prof. photographer working for you, they can take plenty of pics of you and your groom in more photo-friendly places after or before the wedding :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kater View Post
I know the photos will probably not be as "perfect" as they could be, but we will just make the most of it! If you have a prof. photographer working for you, they can take plenty of pics of you and your groom in more photo-friendly places after or before the wedding :)
That is the perfect mindset to have - you will have a great day!! :)