Photo

Question for fellow black brides Re: hair plans

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#191 tauristar

tauristar
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:56 AM

I did my big chop back in June, so I'm fully natural now. I was in Jamaica in October and I was pleasantly surprised. All of the sisters in the salon ha beautiful hair, relax, pressed, twists, locs and braids. It made me feel a lot better about having them do my hair. I'm thinking I'm going to wear twists the day before and do a twist-out up do for the wedding.
    I don't think I'll try to flat iron or press it, I haven't tried it yet and can't imagine trusting anybody to it...an updo I think I can trust them with.
    Love is in the air!

May 2010

#192 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
    • 473 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:40 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas land...MOST IMPORTANT! Thanks for starting this thread. I still have not decided on what I am going to do with my hair.

I thought of a weave also (no glue) but a nice weave is expensive. I love the idea of the tree braids, I am going to research that more. However, I am dealing with hair loss in the front and think braids may damage the already fragile hair. :-(

When I vacation to the carribean, I normally do the wet and wavy but I don't want that for my wedding. I will not be able to get the ideal style I want.

In that I'll be in DR, I thought I may be able to get a Dominican blow out...but what am I going to do when I enjoy the water activities....wew!! Just stressed thinking about what I'm going to do. Anyway, my wedding is in July so I need to start trying new style like NOW.

Also, any Jamaican brides in Negril area, I have a friend and her husband is Jamaican. She went to a local shop for her wedding day...so if you need a referral I can try to get you one.

#193 JaziandSwag

JaziandSwag
      • 152 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

What did you decide on for hair?  Any pics?  I am in the same boat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users