Photo

Question for fellow black brides Re: hair plans

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#171 uspoiledme

uspoiledme
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:06 AM

My stylist happens to be a friend and will be attending my wedding. She will be "on duty" for my wedding day and the day after. Maybe one of your guest can help you with styling your hair after you take the updo down.

#172 Soon2beWed09

Soon2beWed09
    • 319 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

My bridesmaid actually do hair so Im lucky, I will let her just style it mayb i'll get a sew inor invisable braids..and let her curl it up..not sure If i want to whear the flower on the side or my tiara..hair up or down so many desiciaons, but I have 3 months to deceide

#173 tauristar

tauristar
      • 62 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

I made the decision to transition to natural about 3 months before I got engaged. To my surprise, my hair has grown about .5 of an inch every month. I've got braids right now and will do a big chop and cut off all the relaxer in mid June. If everything goes well, I should have about 9 - 11 inches of natural hair. My texture falls in that "good hair" category, but I'm still nervous. As it stands, I'm hoping to do a curly updo with a flower. If my hair is awful, I guess I could spend the day in my veil! LOL
        Love is in the air!

May 2010

#174 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
        • 609 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:39 PM

I've had a hard time figuring out what I want to do. I thinking of going with a low updo with some sort of flower or hair jewels. Maybe something like this Click the image to open in full size.

#175 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
          • 712 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:43 PM

I just found this veil I want on etsy it's one of the short ones with a big flower and orange feathers on the side. So I may have my locs curly and then just pull it into a curly bun on the side if I choose to get that veil. I like my ponytail to the side. LOL I hope you all understand what i mean.

#176 AshleyMichelle

AshleyMichelle
            • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:09 AM

I wanted to bring my hair dresser to the wedding but I am not sure what I should offer her. Do I pay for her entire stay and flight? her flight and just one night stay? I am really not sure what I should be doing here. Any suggestions!!!

#177 heartbeat

heartbeat
              • 228 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:30 AM

From what I've read(in articles) you should be paying for her flight and room... However, you might want to work something out like if you pay for her to come then she styles your hair for free :)
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by AshleyMichelle
                I wanted to bring my hair dresser to the wedding but I am not sure what I should offer her. Do I pay for her entire stay and flight? her flight and just one night stay? I am really not sure what I should be doing here. Any suggestions!!!

#178 Sensatori Bride

Sensatori Bride
                • 229 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:43 AM

I am having hair issues too! I am doing a TTD session but I have to do it the day before the wedding because my photog has to leave the morning after! I want to have the pictures where my hair is wet but I'm thinking that I won't be able to do that! It is so hard for me to get my hair straight when I wash it because it is so thick.

I am loving the Alicia Keys pic that was posted. I am so nervous that the salon in Mexico won't know how to style my hair!
                  Mesita and Durante
                  June 18, 2009
                  Excellence Playa Mujeres

My wedding review:http://bestdestinati....032#post857892My wedding pro slideshow:http://www.keithcephus.com/mesitahttp://www.ezticker.......!/ticker.png

#179 Desihue

Desihue
                  • 39 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:22 PM

I was a destination bride and we had our wedding in Vegas, smack in the middle of the summer. I don't have "good hair" and although I thought I knew it was going to be hot, nothing could have prepared me for the 114 temps on our wedding day. I am soooooooooooooo glad that I thought ahead and brought along a wig for the big day. The strongest perm or hot comb press in the world would not have been able to combat that dry heat.
                    Yep...I sure did have on a full cap wig and it worked out beautifully. I bought it at home and took it to Vegas with me. I had a few folks who suggested that I get braids but I wanted long flowing soft curls. I am already a frequent wig wearer so this was nothing out of the ordinary for me. It's a great option for anyone tossing around the idea. I'm going to post a few pics so you can see how natural it looked. I had a lot of people asking how I was able to keep such a pretty hairstyle in the midst of all that heat. *LOL*

I wore this wig to Vegas
                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    *getting ready* this was the wedding hair
                    I'm trying to tell yall we were sweating bullets in this pose!

Mr. & Mrs. Houston
                    est. 7.16.05
                    http://i31.photobuck...ddj628/2-13.gif
                    Shrinking for my MOH dress in Vegas
                    http://tickers.Ticke....MlE/weight.png

#180 AshleyMichelle

AshleyMichelle
                    • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by heartbeat
                      From what I've read(in articles) you should be paying for her flight and room... However, you might want to work something out like if you pay for her to come then she styles your hair for free :)
                      heartbeat, I figured that is what I was supposed to pay for. I will chat with her and see what she can offer me. I am going to the resort this October to do our site inspection, part of me wants to try and get my hair done there and see how they do with me hair and if they are good I will just have the resort do my hair, I know it would save me much more money!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users