Getting to know you game

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Stormsong

• 287 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:46 PM

Hi everyone.

So, i wanted to do something for my guests to help them get to know one another...as the people coming with us are ALL from different parts of our lives. (No one really knows each other.)

So, i found this game online that i thought was really cool! I wanted to share. I am going to give it out either in the plane (We are all travelling together and are seated together.) Or at the welcome supper. Though, it really could be used for showers, receptions, etc.

Attached Files

• Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:54 PM

Lisa, that's a fun idea! We've done that at work in our diversity classes just to get people mingling. It works! And also gives people a chance to remember names, like Oh yeah, I remember Lisa has a dog, and Abbie plays violin or whatever.

#3 Stormsong

• 287 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:13 PM

Plus gives them something to talk about!! :) A good ice breaker, i think.

Plus, i just found out that we have a 4 hour layover at the one airport before we go to Cuba. So, i am thinking i will have these for them and we can play it at the airport!

#4 townie princess

townie princess
      • 298 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:13 PM

That's an awesome idea. We'll have people coming from all over the country, and hopefully a relative from England too, so this will really help everyone get to know each other.

Thanks for sharing.

#5 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

Those are fun, we would play those the first day of college sometimes, to break the ice.

#6 Stormsong

• 287 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:19 PM

I will make some nice templates later...and post them, of coarse. Something pretty. Maybe one per couple or something.....cause, really, how often can you get GUYS to do things like this on their own! (Well, with the exception of my soon to be brother in law...he's crazy that way!)

#7 Stormsong

• 287 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:18 PM

Ok....i created my booklet. I am still tweaking...but its a start. I am going to hand these out at the airport during our layover. Let me know what you think, or if you have any suggestions to make it better!!! Or, even new questions I can use to make more! Thanks!!!

See first post for the template....

#8 Daizy

• 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:45 PM

Very cute! One of my bridesmaids brought up a similar idea for our "meet-n-greet" that we're having here before everyone leaves... we've had a lot of people saying "Who's all going to Jamaica?"... so we decided to pick a Saturday night and have everyone get together at a local restaurant/bar... this will give me a much better chance of actually pulling something off! Thanks!

#9 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 4,513 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

That is such a cute idea! I love it!

#10 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:51 PM

Great idea! Especially for that layover! Thank you for sharing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users