Photo

Melia Caribe Tropical: Q&A Related specifically to this hotel

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#31 electracity017

electracity017
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:49 AM

I see Debbie has posted something now........apparently there was a fire at the board hosting facility...........should be back working soon (hopefully).

#32 shellb

shellb
    • 533 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:15 PM

Hopefully not too much data was lost or can be recovered. I am sure like most IT facilities they have back-up recovery procedures for business continuity purposes. May take a day or two though to get it back to normal though.

#33 shellb

shellb
      • 533 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:50 PM

I received an email today from PhotoSouvenir indicating the Melia is forbidding outside vendors much like Dreams had tried to do earlier this year. Ladies getting married at the Melia have you heard anything?

#34 jennierin

jennierin
        • 847 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

No, I haven't heard anything like that! I was hoping to get photosouvenir for our wedding in October. Let me know if you hear anything else.
          http://i591.photobuc....n/DSC04983.jpg
          First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

#35 shellb

shellb
          • 533 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:19 PM

There is a bride there right now who is supposed to be using them for her wedding Thursday and has been told this week she has to use the resort photographer. If this is the case, it is so unfair. Pictures are so important to capture your day. I think I want to cry I am so upset.

Ladies, who protested the Dreams decision, how did you go about finding who to write to complain?

#36 jennierin

jennierin
            • 847 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:33 AM

I heard...I checked in at D's Dominican. This is horrible. I have emailed the WC's there as soon as I heard the news. I am looking into who we can contact. My TA has a contact here in Ontario with Sol Melia Resorts. I will be calling her first thing tomorrow and have her help me find out what we can do!!! I'm assuming if we all stand strong and let them know that we won't put up with it then things will change.

I wonder if they are only banning local photogs? What about the brides who have professionals travelling with them They're guests of the resort aren't they?

Anyway, if I find anything out I will let you know.
              http://i591.photobuc....n/DSC04983.jpg
              First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

#37 leahstafford

leahstafford
              • 713 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:29 AM

i heard about this today and my bride just booked my airfare the other day. i sent an email right away to the hotel. if i hear anything, i will post it here!

#38 shellb

shellb
                • 533 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:55 AM

I am not even sure if it is just photographers. According to my email from PhotoSouvenir, it is outside vendors being forbidden...so I assume this includes dj's, videographers, flowers, etc.

I just don't understand, because if all the people who got married in one day used the 1 resort photographer there would be no way for 1 person to shoot all the weddings and do it well. I know for my date there are at least 3 weddings. And the resort photgrapher also shoots both the Paradisius resorts because they fall under Sol Melia as well.

I plan on escalating as well to corporate office in FL and to the rep her in Canada once I hear from the coordinator. A decision like this is so bad for business and I wouldn't have chosen Melia if I had known this was going to happen.

#39 Riley

Riley
                  • 42 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:32 AM

I have an email from my WC Laura from October 22. We are flying our photographer down and he is not even staying at the Melia. She said that it wouldn't be a problem and that we would arrange the day passes once we got there. Hopefully since I have something in writing from her, it won't be an issue!

#40 AnyafromCineart

AnyafromCineart
                    • 238 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:12 AM

As soon your photographer is staying as a guest in the resort, he(she) is a guest. They can't forbid your guest to shoot your wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users