Melia Caribe Tropical: Q&A Related specifically to this hotel

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarcyJAde View Post
Any melia brides know if there is music during the cocktail hour with the tropical fairy tail package? What kind of music?
Thanks!
I don't know about music, but I did just get their detailed wedding package packet and F&B packet this morning. Maybe that will have more info for you ... it's attached.

Romance_F&B_Guide_MCT_2009.pdf

Romance_Guide_MCT_2009pt1.pdf

Romance_Guide_MCT_2009pt2.pdf

Romance_Guide_MCT_2009pt3.pdf

• 1 month later...

FI and I are very seriously looking at the Melia Caribe Tropical for our wedding in December 2010 - yay, I feel like we're getting close to a decision! smile29.gif

I noticed that there isn't a specific Melia planning thread on here so I thought maybe I would start one. I know there are some BDW brides getting married there this month so hopefully they can share some of their wisdom with those of us considering this resort!

I'll get started with my first question: has anyone seen the new beach gazebo they are building? I'm so excited to know that they are building one. The main wedding gazebo they have looks gorgeous but I really want to get married with the ocean as my backdrop. I would love pics of the new gazebo and to know how many ppl it will accomodate!

Thanks!

Angela

thewave.gif

We're getting married there in July. The wedding packet mentions they will have one and gives the price, but no photos. We're getting married on the beach, but I didn't pick the gazebo. I'll be happy to ask my WC if she has any pics she can send me ... I'll let you know!

Thanks Lori! That would be great.

Do you happen to know who I should contact at least initially at the Melia to start speaking with a WC? I sent a general email to the hotel awhile back asking if they could forward my info to a WC or if they could send me the contact info for their WC and I haven't heard anything back from anyone!

Hey there....we are getting married at the Melia Caribe in October. I was torn between the beach or the new beach gazebo. We finally decided that we would stick with having the ceremony on the beach! I did get a couple of pics with the wedding information that they sent so here they are!

Click the image to open in full size.

Also, I've sent you a PM with some information to get in contact with the wedding coordinators there. Have fun planning and if you do go with the Melia...you won't be disappointed! I've heard nothing but great things from past brides and the WC's have been pretty great so far!

Thanks Jenny for the pics of the gazebo and for the PM. You're so sweet to help! I'll be contacting a WC pronto to get the ball rolling, and I'm glad to hear that your experience has been good in that respect so far =)

I see you've got 19 booked so far - how many total are you expecting? Just curious what you are doing for dinner/reception? I think that is the aspect I'm most concerned about, and don't want to end up spending too much money... I know it can really add up with all kinds of extra per guest fees. I roughly estimate I'll have about 40 attending plus a handful of kids.

Hi all,

I started the following Melia Caribe Tropical thread when I started planning:

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t17334

There are a few things in there. Been so busy with my wedding planning I haven't gotten a chance to update recently. Also, there is a huge thread on Debbie's Dominican forum for Melia brides (Debbie's Dominican Travel Forums - Melia Caribe wedding!!).

Hope this helps.