#11 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:36 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Otis1230
    My friend got married last year at moon palace- she said most people gave a money gift. they didn't give anything because she messed up everything- so, they gave nothing. So, far my w.planner is excellent- so im thinking a small gift is nice.
    the dom. republic sales tax is crazy- so i don't think ill be giving 15% or higher- if we do cash

Um This is scary considering I am getting married at MP! So far my WC has been awesome though - do you know the name of your friends?

#12 Celina

Celina
    • Banned
    • 2,811 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:12 AM

I am giving my WC an OOT bag with stuff specifically from where we are from (not the stuff we are giving to guests) and a nice card. We'll see how it all goes and will consider a cash tip...we'll have to wait and see on that.
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#13 tlomlad

tlomlad
      • Banned
      • 1,949 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:28 AM

i discussed this with my travel agent and she said to make a basket of things that the wc cannot get in the island... stuff that has to come from the us. we are getting married in dreams cancun and i know that claudia had kids so im thinking school supplies and bookbags

#14 ericacheer

ericacheer
        • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:55 PM

So...what about hotel coordinators that just "come with" the venue? Mine has been wonderful so far...so do I do 15% of the wedding package, 15% of the reception (way more, obviously), or like others said...around $100 gift?
          Thanks!
          tj.erica
          puerto vallarta, mexico

http://i32.tinypic.com/1zayq1.jpg

#15 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:23 PM

i am going to give my WC a spa robe embroidered with her name and a personalized keychain from Tiffany's - she is part of the hotel so she doesn't really have a fee and i feel funny giving her cash!

#16 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

i dont know if i posted this, but we sent a $100 bouquet of flowers. we wanted to sent champagne, but we were told that the staff couldn't accept gifts of alcohol, and for some reason i felt a little funny giving cash...probably b/c i wasn't sure how much would be appropriate.

#17 dragonfly

dragonfly
              • 1,820 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:23 AM

I had an envelope for her with a $100.00 in it, but she sucked so badly that I refused to tip her, (or pay for most of my wedding bill), you should only get a tip if you do a good job, and she didn't!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users