LadyP
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:01 AM

am i the only st thomas bride who loves seafood

#32 sherri

sherri
    • 73 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:17 AM

Too Funny! Most people that I greet when they come down always ask about seafood! Remember, locals love their chicken, mutton and much more! All restuarants offer the things you are used to in the states as well! Pasta dishes, steaks, chicken, ribs and more! So you seafood non-lovers....NOT to worry! LOL!
      http://farm3.static.....8a8dc807_m.jpg

www.weddingstheislandway.com
      www.mclaughlinanderson.com
      Stone Cottage and Rockworks VillasSt. Thomas, US Virgin Islands

#33 LadyP

LadyP
      • 3,156 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:27 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by sherri
        Too Funny! Most people that I greet when they come down always ask about seafood! Remember, locals love their chicken, mutton and much more! All restuarants offer the things you are used to in the states as well! Pasta dishes, steaks, chicken, ribs and more! So you seafood non-lovers....NOT to worry! LOL!
        I want ISLAND FOOD only no food we can get at home.

#34 sherri

sherri
        • 73 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:31 AM

Mmmm, Conch fritters, Conch stew, Mutton, Saltfish pate' as well as Beef and Chicken pate', Roti, fried Chicken, Jonny cake, Fungi, sweet potato (not like ours), Plantain, and much, much more!
          Cuzzins on back streat in town, Gladys's Cafe' also in town, Victors Hideaway in Sub base and many more places as well!
          Enjoy!

#35 LadyP

LadyP
          • 3,156 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:51 AM

Quote:
            Mmmm, Conch fritters, Conch stew, Mutton, Saltfish pate' as well as Beef and Chicken pate', Roti, fried Chicken, Jonny cake, Fungi, sweet potato (not like ours), Plantain, and much, much more!
            Cuzzins on back streat in town, Gladys's Cafe' also in town, Victors Hideaway in Sub base and many more places as well!
            Enjoy!
            I will cross the fungi allergic to mushrooms and the fried chicken that is what the Popeyes and Kfc are for.

I may get some plantain today

#36 LadyP

LadyP
            • 3,156 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:52 AM

Quote:
              Enjoy!

Are these places like the hole in the wall joints. The late night joop joints as they used to be called

#37 sherri

sherri
              • 73 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:06 AM

All 3 places are very nice places and very well known! ck out: Virgin Islands Now as Petunia mentioned and ck out the visitor forum, you will find a wealth of information! I spend a lot of time there and love it!
                I have to say that even the some of the hole in the wall places are very good as well! A lot of my guests love the little shack across from Coki Beach for West Indian food!
                Lots of wonderful choices! :)

#38 jkny23

jkny23
                • 51 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:00 AM

Doesn't the Frenchman's Reef have an AI option? I was originally planning to go with Jamaica and just do my wedding there for 50-60 guests but now I keep hearing such bad feedback on Jamaica itself as far as a destination that it is making me a little nervous to pursue it. I wanted to do St. Marteen since I hear it is definitely beautiful but there are no normal hotels there that really impress me. Does anyone know of a garden like area overlooking the water (not in sand) to do a ceremony in the USVI? What is everyones opinion on the Frenchman's Reef or where they host your reception? I don't want to be stuck in a stuffy ballrooM!!!

#39 jkny23

jkny23
                  • 51 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:11 AM

I like the offsite venue idea like the botanical gardens...just curious if there are other places like this to do the wedding ceremony and reception..incase the hotel just doesn't work out?!

#40 IslandLover

IslandLover
                    • 96 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:47 PM

There are only 2 AI on ST. Thomas....Bolongo Bay and Whyndam
                      IslandLover

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users