Photo

Honeymoon Suggestions (RM)???

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 madenerg2

madenerg2
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:08 PM

FI and I are torn between Secrets Capri, Dreams Tulum (but concerned that it's not adults only), or Occidental Royal Hideaway (which is Expensive) for our honeymoon - Can anyone offer any insight (sp)?

#2 can't wait!

can't wait!
    • 517 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:21 PM

I love Dreams Tulum, but I wouldn't recommend as a honeymoon site. It's beautiful and relaxing but I would rather a more romantic resort. And one where there aren't kids running all over the place!
      A couple of friends of mine honeymooned at El Dorado Royale and LOVED it! They spoke wonders of the private/outdoor shower! :)
      Anyway...my fiance and I are considering going to Cuba since we will only be about a 30 min plane ride away. I hear the beaches there are beautiful and I would love to see Havana.

#3 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
      • 1,047 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:35 PM

I'd love to be able to help! Each of the resorts you mentioned has a completely different ambience, amenities and price point. There are several others that are wonderful for honeymooners-just depends on what you want!

What I do for honeymoons is find out exactly what YOU are looking for and your budget then make a recommendation. What one couple may find as amazing anther may think ho-hum!

If you are already working with a travel agent please continue to work with them but if your not please consider using me or Tammy (host) or TA Dina.

The bookings support the forum and with the amazing growth this forum has been having the expenses are growing also! You'll receive great service, pricing comparable (and maybe less than booking online) and you'll be supporting the community thats here for all DW brides!

Off my soap box and hope to hear from you!

TA Jennifer

#4 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:52 PM

We honeymooned at El Dorado Royale and LOVED it!

#5 madenerg2

madenerg2
          • 126 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:16 PM

Has anyone stayed at the Secrets? It looks really nice, I'm just concerned that it's too close to Paradisus - For those that stayed at EDR, did you mind all the lizards running around?

#6 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

ROFL...we had a room on the lazy river and every morning when I went out to lay in the sun or jump in the river our lizard was hanging out across the river from me.

They really don't bother you, I tried to get close and take a picture and they run.

But there's really not THAT many of them and we got married at dreams cancun and there was lizards there as well, so I think you're going to see them anywhere.

#7 madenerg2

madenerg2
              • 126 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:33 PM

LOL! Okokokok - I'll stop being Paranoid if you say so Jill! :)

#8 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
                • 466 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:13 PM

I was torned between Dreams Tulum and Secrets but had no idea Tulum allowed children. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE kids, but would prefer not to honeymoon with them.

#9 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
                  • 466 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jilly76
                    We honeymooned at El Dorado Royale and LOVED it!
                    How was the EDR, Jilly? It looks real nice!

#10 pixydustkr

pixydustkr
                    • 35 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:55 AM

I would love some info about EDR too... we booked there because it was the cheapest and still looked great... I have never stayed anywhere except Palace Resorts. FH is especially curious about the tours and activities they offer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users