Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hollisandsteph

Guilt over bridesmaids

Recommended Posts

I had a similar situation (only in the part where some important people to me can't go to the acutal wedding), we solved it by having a bridal party, and then I have 4 honorary bridesmaids. These 4 girls I have known for between 15-20 years, and it didn't seem right to disinclude them just cuz they couldn't make Jamaica work. They are participating in the shower and everything and they will wear a different BM dress from my regular BM's at the AHR and will partake in the formal pictures and everything.

 

You could do something similar to that. Since they are throwing tyou a shower, ask them to be your honorary bm, just as you would to be your bm. I think that is a sweet gesture that would ring true to your friendship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
I had a similar situation (only in the part where some important people to me can't go to the acutal wedding), we solved it by having a bridal party, and then I have 4 honorary bridesmaids. These 4 girls I have known for between 15-20 years, and it didn't seem right to disinclude them just cuz they couldn't make Jamaica work. They are participating in the shower and everything and they will wear a different BM dress from my regular BM's at the AHR and will partake in the formal pictures and everything.

You could do something similar to that. Since they are throwing tyou a shower, ask them to be your honorary bm, just as you would to be your bm. I think that is a sweet gesture that would ring true to your friendship.

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t16614

Then you can superimpose their heads onto a bridesmaids body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The passport covers are adorable. I really like the blue alot. I have not put any thought into how much I would spend yet so it is an option. I had considers just hosting a "girls day out". You know hair, make-up, nails. Maybe even facials or massages. Just a bonding moment with my closest friends. I did talk to one of the girls last night and I told her that I really wished she could have been part of my wedding party and if I were to have a local wedding she would have been the first I asked. I also apologized for being consumed with the wedding. She said she understood and said that maybe she was just alittle jealous because she did not get to have wedding the first time. Her long time boyfriend proposed over the phone because he was in the military and she flew to Florida one weekend with her mom and got married. There were no frills. She has since devoriced but it won't be much longer and she will be planning a wedding with the right guy! I am glad we go to the bottom of everything though with her! I feel relieved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am happy to hear that you were able to have a heart to heart with your friend... weddings are tough because its as hard as you try not to let it happen, they take up so much of your time and energy. I bet your friends back home would love to have a full day with you doing girl stuff. Why not do it the same weekend as the shower so that it will be like an entire weekend devoted to you and your friends?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisandsteph View Post
The passport covers are adorable. I really like the blue alot. I have not put any thought into how much I would spend yet so it is an option. I had considers just hosting a "girls day out". You know hair, make-up, nails. Maybe even facials or massages. Just a bonding moment with my closest friends. I did talk to one of the girls last night and I told her that I really wished she could have been part of my wedding party and if I were to have a local wedding she would have been the first I asked. I also apologized for being consumed with the wedding. She said she understood and said that maybe she was just alittle jealous because she did not get to have wedding the first time. Her long time boyfriend proposed over the phone because he was in the military and she flew to Florida one weekend with her mom and got married. There were no frills. She has since devoriced but it won't be much longer and she will be planning a wedding with the right guy! I am glad we go to the bottom of everything though with her! I feel relieved.

Thats great. I think with friends the best thing to do is just talk about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is great that you were able to talk to your friend. I am sure she appreciated your bringing it up! The passports are just an idea fo me as well. I have ideas of grandeur, not necessarily the budget to finance it though blush2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hijack!

 

Nikki - if you really like the passports, there are some much more wallet friendly options out there. I got some for my girls, can't remember where right now, but I think they were about $20/each. If you are intrested, I think there are some threads that talk about "passport covers" and I could try to find the compnay that I used...

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t11922

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t16614

Then you can superimpose their heads onto a bridesmaids body.
OMG I LOVE this idea. I am so steeling it. When one of the girls got married 5 years ago. We were in the bridal shop and I was picking out the loudest and ugliest dresses I could find, acting totally serious saying I would love them for my wedding. Both girls brought that up when I got engaged and said they would be seriously scared to be in my wedding. Especially since one of them was just in her sisters wedding and had a neon orange dress and cornrolls in her hair. They also covered her in glitter. It was horrible. I could almost use her sisters pictures..lol I am gonna look for something from the 80's with big poofy sleves, big bows and bright colors. I am sooooo excited..lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×