Photo

LONG EDR Review

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 MelanieS

MelanieS
  • 820 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:56 PM

Thanks for posting your review. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.

#12 madenerg2

madenerg2
    • 126 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

WoW Lauren! That was some review! I read the whole thing and it was very helpful information. I'm getting married at the Paradisus - but I am shooting with Citlalli so thanks for the Photography section. The whole review was excellent - Thanks so much for posting. Do you have any pictures to post?

#13 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
      • 433 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:23 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by bre
        Lauren, you weren't kidding that was a long review! I feel really bad that you had so many bumps in the road That definitely stinks and I can see why you wouldn't personally recommend EDR.

We also had a disappointing site visit there. They basically didn't know we were coming and wouldn't work out any of the details with us. Later I realized this is b/c it is the job of Valeria and Monica to work out details and the on-site coordinators to implement it. We had Valeria and I think that helped account for a better experience. I've heard from many brides that Monica is not organized and your review clearly reinforces that. I would suggest that future brides request Valeria.
        Bre - thanks so much for the alternative opinion. I will take both yours and Lauren's into account as I get ready to head there myself for my wedding in a few weeks. I agree that while Monica has been very friendly, she really hasn't been all that organized. Luckily, I am a control freak and started a spreadsheet that has contained all of the details based on emails that I had with Monica. She tried to charge me TWICE for something that we had discussed several times over the past several months. Luckily, I had my email back-up and my detailed amenities spreadsheet. Anyway, the lesson is, be organized and hopefully things will go smoothly!

#14 Mandy

Mandy
        • 514 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:21 PM

Thanks for the review. Makes me glad I'm working with Valeria rather than Monica!

#15 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
          • 433 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:49 PM

Ok - just finished reading the review with my FI. Lauren - excellent, excellent review!!! And I am also sorry that you had to deal with some bumps along the road. One thing resorts should try to achieve is customer satisfaction and service. I don't understand why this is so difficult. Anyway, I'm happy to hear that in the end everything worked out and that you and your guests had an amazing time. I printed your review and will highlight things for me to remember when I'm there. And I'm using Claudia as our photographer, so I was so happy to hear that you liked her associates!! Thank you again for this detailed review!

#16 shannon

shannon
            • 772 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:28 PM

Thanks for posting your review! Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users