Can I disown my mother in law?

dmarie17

Sorry you are going through this - it SUCKS! You know what, it is YOUR wedding and I totally agree with all that has been said. I would totally do what Becks said and just maybe even very nicely say "Well if it is going to be to hard for you to come we totally understand." OR "The wedding is really about me and FI to celebrate our love for one another and we don't need to have suits on to do that" OR "GET A LIFE IT IS NOT YOUR WEDDING" Don't elope - you decided on a DW because it is what the two of you wanted - and it will be absolutely beautiful and wonderful - and people will come - and if your FMIL wants to make an ass of herself and be debby downer then let her ruin it for herself - but not for the two of you. GOOD LUCK!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like my mom at times, instead she flip flops on whether she is excited or not and continues to mention our AHR will be more meaningful for her!!!!!!!! I SAY SCREW THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it for you and your FI, people fail to mention that a wedding is a union of two people, honestly thats it!!!!!!!

Okay sorry for my ventsmile03.gif

From my experience with my exMIL....it will only gets worse. I'm so happy I don't have to deal with her anymore except the rare occassion we're all together for my daughter. My FI's mother is awesome and soooo not like her. You can't please all people. Yes she will be a part of your life, but who needs to put up with negativity all the time

Thats a bunch of crap that you don't need right now, or ever! I would just not tell her anything. Tell her you and FI have decided to keep the planning process between the 2 of you to keep it simple and you will fill her in on an "as-needed" basis.

Not sure which of these you need more shots.gifsmile03.gif

I have the same problem mine is a control freak unfortunately she can't control me i tell her to F* right off lol my FI is in the army and she even tries it with him. He's at the stage now of dumping her she is such a cow.

We haven't told her about the wedding yet and she is the last one i'll be telling because she'll be straight on the phone flapping her gums and banging on about shit that SHE wants. I've said i'll be polite and say ring your son and he will put her right. He has been WARNED if he backs down on anything for her he is going to cancun on his one lol

I have a recurring dream that I'm walking down the aisle and I can here her whinging so I turn around smack her in the mouth and keep going lol

So my advice, considering I can't stick my FMIL, is to say look you don't have to like it and if you keep ringing me giving me crap you ARE NOT going , she'll sharp wind her neck in lol

Phew RANT over smile43.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-marcus View Post
there is actually a form you can sign at the court house that will legally force her to stop being rude and annoying and pretty much force her to shut the F*** up. just got there and ask for the MIL-3030.
Yeah - I just picked up the one for sisters...it's the EX-BM-666

LOL!

No seriously - I would just ignore her. I have been having horrible problems with my sister and told her to leave me alone.

Relatives can be ridiculous when it comes to things like this.

Just ignore her, don't answer her calls and maybe she'll get the hint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angitalia23 View Post
Sounds like my mom at times, instead she flip flops on whether she is excited or not and continues to mention our AHR will be more meaningful for her!!!!!!!! I SAY SCREW THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it for you and your FI, people fail to mention that a wedding is a union of two people, honestly thats it!!!!!!!
Okay sorry for my ventsmile03.gif
In the begining my mom was very upset although she would not come out and say it. I think it had more to do with me getting married than anything. She really likes my FH but I moved away from my family (5 years ago) to be with him and I think she always thought I would move back home and this makes it final. I gave her space (she did the same things when I got pregnant 2 years earlier). It hurt but she came around and even decided to host a AHR and pay for my dress. She seems much happier about it now!