Photo

HELP!!! FI can't dance!!!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
  • 668 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:47 AM

PS- the "crush and cuddle" isn't something you want to look back and see that you did on your wedding day.

But I will give you all professional advise that your FI WILL NOT no matter how close you are, want to take lessons from you, advice / be tricked into "practice". They will figure it out and usually feel less than adequate. Men hate to think that they can't do something and for themto hear it from the one they love- forget it, even though they would never admit it!

BUT - they will take the advice and learn from a stranger, you need a middle man, you stay the nice person and he learns something in the meantime!

#32 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:48 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by S2BLennon
      PS- the "crush and cuddle" isn't something you want to look back and see that you did on your wedding day.

But I will give you all professional advise that your FI WILL NOT no matter how close you are, want to take lessons from you, advice / be tricked into "practice". They will figure it out and usually feel less than adequate. Men hate to think that they can't do something and for themto hear it from the one they love- forget it, even though they would never admit it!

BUT - they will take the advice and learn from a stranger, you need a middle man, you stay the nice person and he learns something in the meantime!
      Whats crush & cuddle?

#33 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:30 AM

Derek steps all over my feet when we dance. It's awful. I wish he would just stand there and sway back and forth. it'd be easier on my feet.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#34 plumsugar

plumsugar
        • 175 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

FI doesnt have rhythm when it comes to formal "partner" dances either. He is a mess when it comes to Salsa, Merenge, or Bachata. I always end up sad for my feet (and music loving heart)!

In any case, we're not going to make our first dance a big production by going to lessons. I think the more you do that, the more fudged the end result comes out because of your nerves, excitement, or if one person hates to dance/cant dance to begin with!

We have just decided to choose a song that's extra special to us and wing it; be ourselves instead of counting steps...
          We're not masters, but we dont really suck when dancing romantical songs either :)

Side note: I do want to do the practicing thing with candles & wine thing though! Great idea ladies! It would help with pulling off a spanish song at our wedding without walking away in a cast lol!

#35 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
          • 668 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:32 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Morgan
            Whats crush & cuddle?
            The hands on shoulders and wrapped around waist, heads down into one another and sway back and forth in a cricle! LOL

#36 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,513 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:34 PM

Honestly Aaron can't dance either and that is what I love about him! It is so cute when he gets up on a dance floor with me (of course it is only when he is WASTED) but he tries so hard!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users