Originally Posted by yari2566
    Nice tip, thanks!
    Glad to help

#12 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:51 AM

We did cd's and wrapped them up all pretty. We had labels made with our wedding site as the background and our names w/the song titles.

Every song was one played at the wedding so the idea was that when people listen to them it will remind them of the day.

#13 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
      • 2,302 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:08 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MoBride
        I am doing pint size bottles of Jamaican Rum as our favors. We are actually tying the place cards to each bottle with ribbon. Our tables will be named rather than numbered. Each table is named after a Jamaican Rum Cocktail, like Jamaican Sunset, jamaican me Crazy, Coco loco, Dirty Banana, Hummingbird (these are all popular drinks there). So the place card says Mr. and Mrs. Smith Jamaican Me Crazy Table and on the back of the place card is the recipe for the Jamican Me Crazy Cocktail and it's tied to a bottle of Jamaican Rum. I am buying the rum once we get there. I made the table signs and put them in 5x7 picture frames. This idea could be duplicated with small bottles of tequila and names of margaritas.
        I love this idea! I may have to steal it, lol, I mean borrow it!
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#14 Lorilou

Lorilou
        • 533 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:37 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mora
          Lorilou
          they sell those small bottles at many shops in PV at the Malecon Area. I saw the Mini Don Julio reposado bottle and from my mexican point of view is one of the best tequilas in Mexico , you can buy them a whole case.. or try Vinoteca or Vinos America the big liquor stores at PV. They can sell a good price and you dont have to carry them on your luggage...
          Awesome...do you think if i budget $2-$3USD each bottle, that would be a fair price?

Thanks Mora!! great idea for my OOT bag...along with chips, margarita mix and shot glass...

#15 Allaballa

Allaballa
          • 113 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:48 AM

We are actually not doing wedding favours. My fiance and I decided that instead of welcome dinner and favours we would charter a boat and take every one on a private night cruise/snorkeling excursion on the second day of our holiday.

So we are getting transportation, open bar and orderves (I'm sure I'm spelling this wrong) 3 hours on the boat and a supervised snorkeling excursion, with equipment, for those that want to partake for less cost than welcome dinner and favors.

I have had very favorable response from my guests to this idea. Everyone hasn't stopped talking about it since we announced it in Aug.

#16 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:10 AM

I love your idea, Mo! I wasn't too sure I was going to do favors in Jamaica, since we are doing the OOT bags, but that is such a great idea, so we'll see.

I am looking for ideas for our AHR. I wanted to do the mini-wine bottle thing, since my FI is Italian and they all make their own wine, we were going to use that, but there wasn't enough time to prepare. Now that we are having it at a Chinese/Japanese restaurant, I am not sure what to do. Perhaps a nice set of chopsticks with tray?? Ideas?

#17 Jenn79

Jenn79
              • 625 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:42 AM

We gave out mini bottles of Black Seal Bermudian Rum and pink Bermuda sand, each with blue and pink ribbon tied around the neck. My maid of honour, who lives on the island, was able to put these together for us, and even went so far as to add tags with our names and wedding date.

As an added surprise, she and her mother made up sachets of Bermuda cedar shavings, again with the tags attached. There is no nicer smell.
                Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
                Review Pictures Pro Pictures
                "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#18 beachbride08

beachbride08
                • VIP Member
                • 2,372 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:49 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TammyB
                  We were thining about doing small bottles of Tequila and custom shot glasses as part of our favors. Kindof incorporates our wedding location.
                  This is such a cute idea! Tammy did you end up doing this, and do you have any pis?
                  Michelle

#19 edna

edna
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 1,360 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:58 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lorilou
                    Awesome...do you think if i budget $2-$3USD each bottle, that would be a fair price?

Thanks Mora!! great idea for my OOT bag...along with chips, margarita mix and shot glass...
                    Lorilou
                    here is the info for Vinoteca at Vallarta, they also offer wine and liquor in consigment , what you dont use at the wedding you just turn it back...
                    PUERTO VALLARTA
                    Calle Viena 243 L-3
                    Col. Versalles.
                    Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco
                    C.P. 48390
                    T. (322) 225-6920, (322) 225-6921
                    E. puertovallarta@vinoteca.com

#20 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
                    • 716 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JHillHolmes13
                      We gave out mini bottles of Black Seal Bermudian Rum and pink Bermuda sand, each with blue and pink ribbon tied around the neck. My maid of honour, who lives on the island, was able to put these together for us, and even went so far as to add tags with our names and wedding date.

As an added surprise, she and her mother made up sachets of Bermuda cedar shavings, again with the tags attached. There is no nicer smell.
                      Such a great idea! Very original!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users