Photo

NJ Brides

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#61 jk1101

jk1101
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

The funny thing, is that when my new hubby realized how much the DW actually cost, with everything, he still thinks it was a ridiculous amount of money. Especially because we got almost no gifts, which we would have gotten if we'd gotten married here.

#62 JENISE

JENISE
    • 652 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Jersey Girls (new and old) :)

I'm down for a meeting on June 12th! Let's set this plan into motion.

#63 jk1101

jk1101
      • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

OK I wrote it in my planner - i'm set. Do you want to do a shore thing? It's still early in the season so it might not be too crowded.

#64 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
        • 2,424 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:05 PM

June 12 is good for me!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by krizstyling
          Wow, on that site where I live I would be spending between 22,000 and 39,000! Um yeah, much better spent on a down payment for a house and our future together. I honestly don't know why EVERYONE doesn't choose a destination wedding. None of my friends have had one and I would go in a heartbeat if one of them decided to! It just makes more sense to me.

Anyway, thank you for the welcome cristini! We are in the very early stages (2012) so I'm just gathering information from all of you and creating folders etc. on my computer of what exactly I like and want to use and then showing it to the man to give him a choice between A B or C..anything more than that and he'd start getting picky and I wouldn't like that. lol.
          That's not too bad, mine was $31,069 and $51,781 and most likely would be for something average! Instead we are spending a fraction of the cost and will be in a beautiful location.
          I did the same thing, found things I loved and had the FI help choose between a couple of options, worked out great!

#65 tracy0716

tracy0716
          • 431 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:03 PM

I rechecked the postings and saw a few of the girls are up in north jersey...are you ladies okay with meeting down at the shore?? I'm flexible...

#66 cristinimartini

cristinimartini
            • Banned
            • 546 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:50 PM

June 12th is good for me too!!

If I had a choice, I'd prefer to NOT have to drive down the shore on a Saturday during the summer, but I'd be willing to sacrifice for the good of the group :-D

#67 JENISE

JENISE
              • 652 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, I'm with Cristine. I don't know my way around the shore to much but if that's were majority of you girls wanna meet, maybe Cristine, Eliana, and I can carpool! lol

#68 krizstyling

krizstyling
                • 90 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

Woohoo! We'll have just gotten back from our vacation in puerto vallarta so that would be absolutely fine with me!

Driving down to the shore is another story...lol. Altho, if that's easiest for the majority...go for it!

#69 jk1101

jk1101
                  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

Shore was just a suggestion - not a must. I live right in the middle of the state so i can go anywhere.

#70 tracy0716

tracy0716
                    • 431 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:37 PM

Are there any other suggestions?? I'm from central nj too and willing to travel if it makes things easier for everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users