JENISE
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

Count me in ladies! I'm so excited.

#102 tracy0716

tracy0716
    • 431 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

Me too! I'm so happy we're doing this =)

#103 Pazzesca

Pazzesca
      • 210 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

Hello future NJ Brides!! How did I just find this thread?!?!

Anyway, I grew up and lived in Kearny, Hudson County and presently living in East Rutherford, Bergen County.

I actually booked the Imperia in Somerset for my wedding. However I eventually was laid off for a while and then had to move unexpectedly because I was renting an apartment in a 2 family house and it went into foreclosure and the bank wanted me and my FI out. Plus other financial set backs that come with life on occasion.

After thinking about my wedding situation I realized a DW was the best thing for us! I was tired of trying to make other people happy and having a wedding in NJ would just be impossible for me financially. So we cancelled the Imperia and are working on getting married at Le Blanc Spa and Resort in Cancun, Mexico!! My fiancĀ© and I are prepared to have hardly anyone come to the wedding and we are just fine with it. We are just looking forward to being in a beautiful location and getting married. That is the only thing that matters to us at this point.

So glad to see so many other NJ Brides planning a DW!!

#104 tracy0716

tracy0716
        • 431 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:21 PM

Hi Pazzesca! So glad you found us. I considered a NJ wedding for a hot second but my FI and I really wanted to buy a house. We were fine with having a DW as long as our parents could come, everyone else is a bonus! Are you able to come to our meet up in June??

#105 Eliana

Eliana
          • 676 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:37 AM

Hi Pazzesca! welcome to the forum!!!! I'm sorry to hear you had to cancel your wedding in NJ. Yous destination wedding will be beautiful and hopefully most of your guests will make it.

Hope you can make it on June 12th!

#106 Pazzesca

Pazzesca
            • 210 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:12 AM

where are you meeting up and what time? i must have missed it if you ladies picked an exact place and time.

#107 jk1101

jk1101
              • 2,582 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

Hey ladies - I was thinking i'd post our meet up in the BDW Get together section - that way more of the NJ ladies would see it and we could keep track of who's coming better and keep it separate from our other chatting on this thread.
                And here it is

http://bestdestinati....12-10-a-58454/

#108 JENISE

JENISE
                • 652 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:45 PM

Welcome Pazzesca...
                  Sorry to hear about your wedding cancellation. But I'm a firm believe in "everything happens for a reason" so I'm sure you're better off with a beautiful low key DW!
                  I too live in Kearny by the way. LOL

Jerseykitten-great idea! Thanks.

#109 cristinimartini

cristinimartini
                  • Banned
                  • 546 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

Hi Pazzesca! We're neighbors!!! I'm in Lyndhurst :-)

I think most of the girls on this forum will agree, a DW is the way to go!! I planned my older sister's wedding in NJ since she lives in North Carolina and the amount of money spent was out of CONTROL! I'm sorry you had to cancel your first one, but like Jenise said, everything happens for a reason...

You're going to love this forum! Welcome to your new addiction!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Pazzesca
                    Hello future NJ Brides!! How did I just find this thread?!?!

Anyway, I grew up and lived in Kearny, Hudson County and presently living in East Rutherford, Bergen County.

I actually booked the Imperia in Somerset for my wedding. However I eventually was laid off for a while and then had to move unexpectedly because I was renting an apartment in a 2 family house and it went into foreclosure and the bank wanted me and my FI out. Plus other financial set backs that come with life on occasion.

After thinking about my wedding situation I realized a DW was the best thing for us! I was tired of trying to make other people happy and having a wedding in NJ would just be impossible for me financially. So we cancelled the Imperia and are working on getting married at Le Blanc Spa and Resort in Cancun, Mexico!! My fiancĀ© and I are prepared to have hardly anyone come to the wedding and we are just fine with it. We are just looking forward to being in a beautiful location and getting married. That is the only thing that matters to us at this point.

So glad to see so many other NJ Brides planning a DW!!

#110 Pazzesca

Pazzesca
                    • 210 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:05 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by cristinimartini

You're going to love this forum! Welcome to your new addiction!
                      oh my goodness i know!! it really helps keep my sanity while at work too!! i [LOVE] all the help here!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users