NJ Brides

JennyK

Diane & Co. is pretty pricey and it's Prom season so it's really busy there right now. If you go I would recommend going early in the morning during the week so you're not there with the high school girls. They do have a section of traditional MOB/MOG outfits (skirt, top, and coat). Not sure how well that would work with an island wedding. I'm thinking about checking out the BCBG outlets for more dresses for me. Dana- you have some time so maybe the dress will go on sale. The BCBG section in Lord and Taylor and the store itself usually run 50-70% off sales. JereseyKitten- You're soooo close to your wedding!! When do you leave?? I hope you have a great wedding and vacation!

As of right now I'm strongly vetoing the AHR. FMIL is pushing for it big time but FI and I are having a house built right now and we're paying for our DW so $$ is a bit tight. I mean if she wants to throw us one I won't be opposed but she wants us to do it. I like the idea of a backyard bbq but like I said our house will be brand new and I have major OCD. I cannot handle that many people at our house at one time! I know I'm crazy I just wish FMIL understood my craziness and left me alone about this.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy0716 View Post
Diane & Co. is pretty pricey and it's Prom season so it's really busy there right now. If you go I would recommend going early in the morning during the week so you're not there with the high school girls. They do have a section of traditional MOB/MOG outfits (skirt, top, and coat). Not sure how well that would work with an island wedding. I'm thinking about checking out the BCBG outlets for more dresses for me. Dana- you have some time so maybe the dress will go on sale. The BCBG section in Lord and Taylor and the store itself usually run 50-70% off sales. JereseyKitten- You're soooo close to your wedding!! When do you leave?? I hope you have a great wedding and vacation!

As of right now I'm strongly vetoing the AHR. FMIL is pushing for it big time but FI and I are having a house built right now and we're paying for our DW so $$ is a bit tight. I mean if she wants to throw us one I won't be opposed but she wants us to do it. I like the idea of a backyard bbq but like I said our house will be brand new and I have major OCD. I cannot handle that many people at our house at one time! I know I'm crazy I just wish FMIL understood my craziness and left me alone about this.
The only reason we're having the AHR is because my parents are paying for it - and it's still stressful because we butt heads on things. I like things my way and my mom likes things her way.

We leave early thursday morning. i want to leave now!

Tracy-thanks for the info, i don't think I'll waste my time. I keep telling my mom to wait and see if it goes on sale. We'll see.. I wish they had it a Lord and Taylor b/c I always get coupons, but we can only find it at Nordstorm right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana View Post
Tracy-thanks for the info, i don't think I'll waste my time. I keep telling my mom to wait and see if it goes on sale. We'll see.. I wish they had it a Lord and Taylor b/c I always get coupons, but we can only find it at Nordstorm right now.
No problem. Where do you live?? Right now I live 5 minutes from L&T but soon I'm moving an hour south and I think I'm going to go through L&T withdrawals. If you can make it, I think it's really worth the trip to see their dresses and shoes esp. with the coupons!

Hey Ladies....Question

Are any of you flying down a NJ Photographer to shoot your wedding? Am thinking maybe this might be an option as a lot of brides are saying it may be a cheaper option. My resort is charging $2000.00 for the photo package that I want but I've never even seen their work. Any help would be helpful. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENISE View Post
Hey Ladies....Question

Are any of you flying down a NJ Photographer to shoot your wedding? Am thinking maybe this might be an option as a lot of brides are saying it may be a cheaper option. My resort is charging $2000.00 for the photo package that I want but I've never even seen their work. Any help would be helpful. Thanks!
Sorry Jenise no photog from NJ for us. We hired Jorge Allocco for our day. If you're interested he has packages under $2,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENISE View Post
Hey Ladies....Question

Hey Jenise i'm flying mine down but its costing me more than 2K total. she is based in bloomfield.