New to the Forum and need help

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 danim

danim
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:32 PM

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I are booked to have this huge wedding here in Toronto, but we recently changed our minds and no longer want to spend $50,000 on a wedding.

I was looking into The Dreams in Los Cabos, Mexico. I have a vision of the way Id like my wedding to be, but Im worried that the wedding will just end end up costing us tons of money still.

Is there a lot of extra charges when it comes to decor? Do I need to get into major detail when dealing with the resort? Cause I dont want to end up with a surprise bill in the end.

Thanks

#2 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
    • 933 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

i don't know much about mexico, did you do a search?
      My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#3 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:54 PM

to the forum! Sorry, I don't know anything about Dreams Cabo, but there are tons of girls here who do. Check out the Cabo section of the forum and you'll find tons of info. Happy planning!!!

#4 MissyR

MissyR
        • 1,210 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:43 PM

Welcome fellowo Torontian! I would search the CABO section and all look at budgets here on the forum - you can do a destination wedding from $5000 - $40,000 depending on what you want and where you go!

In terms of involvement with the wedding coordinator - you can really be as involved as you choose - most of the girls on here have been involved and done a lot of do-it-yourself projects and special touches for the wedding!

#5 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
          • 2,183 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:11 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Melissa Radolli
            Welcome fellowo Torontian! I would search the CABO section and all look at budgets here on the forum - you can do a destination wedding from $5000 - $40,000 depending on what you want and where you go!

In terms of involvement with the wedding coordinator - you can really be as involved as you choose - most of the girls on here have been involved and done a lot of do-it-yourself projects and special touches for the wedding!
            I agree with Melissa. It also depends how many guests you're having, if you are doing a private reception etc, staying at an AI. There are and have been a lot of Dreams Cabo brides that can advice you.

#6 Autumn

Autumn
            • 1,166 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:52 PM

welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find tons of info to help you in your planning -

#7 AllureEventDesign

AllureEventDesign
              • 115 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:01 PM

Welcome!! I agree with the girls... it all depends on what you have in mind! try the search option and you will find tons of info!! Dreams is a great option because even for private events, the cost is extremely affordable!

Again, welcome and happy planning!!

#8 BePhoto

BePhoto
                • 202 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:08 PM

welcome & Good luck - as mentioned above, searching these boards will yeild a ton of info!

#9 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
                  • 1,213 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:18 AM

Welcome to the forum! Like mentioned above its all about how many mouths you have to feed.

#10 Yari

Yari
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,928 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:19 AM

Welcome to the forum!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users