Quote:
    Originally Posted by anacgarcia
    Glenda you'll love to be married everywhere!!! hehehehe
    that was good

#32 Jackie

Jackie
    • 2,290 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:54 PM

We are doing it before also. Keeping it a secret though so that it doesnt take away from the meaning of the actual wedding day for our guests.
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#33 Jackie

Jackie
      • 2,290 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:57 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull
        (Although I saw Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams picking up a marriage license a couple of weeks ago in Brooklyn Court.)

-Glenda
        okay back up-why was this info not posted in the gossip section...that's a big deal they got their marriage license-did they actually get married? or just get the license?[/quote]

I agree, hes hot. You should have posted this as soon as it happend. Shame on you Glenda.lol.

My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#34 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:25 PM

Ok I was in the marriage license office b/c I needed to get something for a client and I randomly saw them. At first I did a double take and didn't think it was them, but sure enough there she was holding his hand and clinging on to him for dear life. Why does she always cling I have no idea? But I don't think they are married, the papparazzi would have defenitly been all over that. I think it was some kind of media ploy b/c I think I read about it in page six a couple of days later or somewhere like that. Anyway I think once you get a marriage license in NY you have up until a certain amount of time to get married or else it is invalid. So if they haven't gotten married by now it has to be invalid. They probably just did it to spread rumors and this way when they do do it for real no one will catch on. Sorry I have not been a good little gossip lately!!!

-Glenda

#35 NATASHA

NATASHA
          • 646 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:00 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
            However b/c I am a litigator and I am in courts all day I get depressed about the thought of getting married in a court. They usually marry people in the basement floor and it's so dingy.
            -Glenda
            Glenda - take a trip out to San Diego - the county building is on the water - not dingy at all. OK, if I recall, the room where you get married may have had green shag carpeting, but I was almost laughing throughout the ceremony - it was awesome.

FYI ladies - we got married the day we got back from the wedding. I preferred doing it after versus before. Then we left from our honeymoon and I picked up the paperwork right after we returned. It was quick, easy, and totally fun.
            Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#36 leigh miller

leigh miller
            • 936 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:02 PM

glenda come out to SD courthouse and i will take your pics :)

#37 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:20 PM

ooohhh Glenda - you should do this! what a fun way to do the legal part of the wedding.

#38 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                • 5,248 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:19 PM

OOOh I should so do this!!! Of course cali people have nice civil ceremonies. You don't have dark, dingy rooms with people with attitude marrying you. LOL!!! Do you have to be a resident of cali to get married in cali? B/c if not I will so go and do this! My FI would love it. He's never been outside of NY (well except for neighboring states) so he would be up for it. If I do this, Leigh and Anny will never let me live it down!!!!

-Glenda

#39 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:31 PM

I am not a CA resident and am getting married there.
                  this is the marriage license info I got
                  Marriage License & Ceremony

To be married in California you must obtain a marriage license prior to the marriage ceremony. If either party is under the age of eighteen, a license cannot be issued without the consent of a parent and a court order. To obtain a regular license the bride and groom (both over 18 years of age) must appear in person and provide information including parents full names and places of birth. If there was a prior marriage, the way in which and date the last marriage ended is required. If the last marriage ended less than 90 days prior to the new license being requested, a copy of the document ending the marriage must be provided.

The fee for a regular license is $70.00. It is suggested, but not required, that a certified copy also be paid for at the time the license is issued for an additional $13.00. A regular license can be obtained from any of California's 58 county clerks and, once issued is good for 90 days. The ceremony can be performed anywhere in the State of California. We issue marriage licenses between 8 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday except for holidays. Our office can also perform the marriage ceremony if an appointment is made in advance. The cost of a ceremony is $40.00. We prefer that the couple provide at least one witness for the ceremony. We perform ceremonies between 8 AM and 11:00 AM and between 2 PM and 4:00 PM. For information about having a friend or relative deputized as a Deputy Marriage Commissioner for the Day, click Here.
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#40 anaderoux

anaderoux
                  • 3,220 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:19 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                    OOOh I should so do this!!! Of course cali people have nice civil ceremonies. You don't have dark, dingy rooms with people with attitude marrying you. LOL!!! Do you have to be a resident of cali to get married in cali? B/c if not I will so go and do this! My FI would love it. He's never been outside of NY (well except for neighboring states) so he would be up for it. If I do this, Leigh and Anny will never let me live it down!!!!

-Glenda
                    Glenda you're soooo funny hehehehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users