Photo

Honeymoon Registry experience

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
  • 684 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:02 AM

We're thinking of doing the honeymoon registry...but for some reason I feel little weird about it, but I don't know why. My Fiance and I have lived together for 4 years and we really don't need anything...but we do need a honeymoon! I would love to hear feedback from anyone who has done it or is going to it.
    Thanks!

#2 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,328 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:46 AM

here are a few threads about honeymoon registries

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t8413

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t7968

#3 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:39 AM

We are using OurWishingWell.com. I have a friend at work who used it and loved it! You can totally customize the pictures, amounts (up to 'Unlimited'!) everything!

We don't want to register anywhere else, since like you we have everything we need right now, and no place to put anything else! ourwishingwell lets you pick what you want, all we put was a new box spring an mattress combo and honeymoon, and then people can contribute any mount they want!

If you go to the site and enter our registry number, 14462089, you can check ours out to see if you like it. There's a FAQ as well, if you have QQQ about it.

#4 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
      • 2,183 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:11 AM

I think this is a great idea and didn't think about it earlier. I wish I would of done it.

#5 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
        • 684 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:34 AM

That looks like a great one! thanks for sharing that. Do they charge a fee? How do you get the money in the end, and do you get an itemized list of who got you what?
          thanks for all ideas!

#6 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
          • 684 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:35 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DougsGirl
            We are using OurWishingWell.com. I have a friend at work who used it and loved it! You can totally customize the pictures, amounts (up to 'Unlimited'!) everything!

We don't want to register anywhere else, since like you we have everything we need right now, and no place to put anything else! ourwishingwell lets you pick what you want, all we put was a new box spring an mattress combo and honeymoon, and then people can contribute any mount they want!

If you go to the site and enter our registry number, 14462089, you can check ours out to see if you like it. There's a FAQ as well, if you have QQQ about it.
            That looks like a great one! thanks for sharing that. Do they charge a fee? How do you get the money in the end, and do you get an itemized list of who got you what?
            thanks for all ideas!

#7 JennyK

JennyK
            • 3,502 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:51 AM

Check out Honeymoon Registry and Travel Experts - TheBigDay's wedding or bridal registry for honeymoon experiences

I've been thinking of the same type of registry since we already have a house and don't need much more

#8 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:08 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by sunnydaes
              Do they charge a fee?
              there is a small fee depending on how much someone contributes, and then there is another small fee that the contributor can choose to pay for the couple so you don't have too. I think they pay like $1 to contribute, and the fee you pay to "withdraw" the total monies is small like 2% or something.
              How do you get the money in the end,
              you have a couple of options, we are going to have the $ automatically transferred to our bank account, you just pay the % for the contributions that haven't already been paid by the contributor.
              and do you get an itemized list of who got you what?
              I believe WE will see who contributed how much, (otherwise how would you send thank-yous?) but you have the option to change your settings so OTHERS viewing the site do NOT know who contributed how much.

Does that make sense? The FAQ on the website explains it much better. We did not run across this type of service that does not have any fees, short of just giving out your bank account number, which is tacky and not cool at all!

#9 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
              • 684 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:38 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by DougsGirl
                I believe WE will see who contributed how much, (otherwise how would you send thank-yous?) but you have the option to change your settings so OTHERS viewing the site do NOT know who contributed how much.

Does that make sense? The FAQ on the website explains it much better. We did not run across this type of service that does not have any fees, short of just giving out your bank account number, which is tacky and not cool at all!
                Thanks for all the details! I feel more comfortable doing the registry, knowing all of you are too! thanks for the moral support!

#10 blkladylaw

blkladylaw
                • 149 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:46 PM

I am using Cloud9living.com and Libertytravelregistry.com
                  and also Target and Amazon to list a few traditional items as well for those that prefer that option. I used Cloud9 for some things to do in Vegas and LibertyTravel for things to do in Hawaii. They can range from hot air balloon rides, horseback riding, romantic dinner on a beach, a bottle of wine for our room, a Grand Canyon helicopter ride, etc. We'd cherish the memories from these experiences (that otherwise we might not do after blowing the budget on the wedding costs and air/hotel for the honeymoon already) more than any electric can openers or pots. I just set them up not long ago so we'll see how people react to it.
                  Wed 9/5/08 at Lake Las Vegas Chapel Fiorenza with yacht cruise reception on the La Contessa and party the next night in VIP section at Club Poetry at Caesars Palace. Stayed at the Ritz at the Lake and checked into the Trump hotel on the strip after our reception.
                  Our first baby (a...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users