Photo

Bora Bora vs. Italy Honeymoon

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 gkashmira

gkashmira
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:59 PM

OMG - i want to go to every place just mentioned! I think if it was me makign the decision I'd go to Thailand - i feel like there you get the beach AND the culture. But I've never been so I can't say for sure...but I am dying to go!
    Kashmira & Dan
    Happily married since June 16, 2007
    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#12 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

if this makes ANY difference in swaying him.... my aunt and uncle honeymooned in bora bora in the over the water huts which lasted about 48 hours because even though they were at a 5 star resort, the over the water huts had massive cockroaches at night and they had to sleep with bed netting. my aunt was flipping out completely, and the second night it was so bad, they decided to give up the hut and move to the main hotel part of the resort.

#13 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
    • 2,183 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:34 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Maura
      if this makes ANY difference in swaying him.... my aunt and uncle honeymooned in bora bora in the over the water huts which lasted about 48 hours because even though they were at a 5 star resort, the over the water huts had massive cockroaches at night and they had to sleep with bed netting. my aunt was flipping out completely, and the second night it was so bad, they decided to give up the hut and move to the main hotel part of the resort.
      That's crazy, I can't believe it! We stayed in a hut over the water and never had any problems. I would of die!

#14 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
      • 684 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:36 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Maura
        well, that wouldn't be very romantic! how aweful! c

#15 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:16 PM

I am late to this thread...I was in Tuscany last May. It was the best vacation of my life. My FI and I had so much fun!! The history, views, wine and food...OMG!!

Bora Bora sounds awesome too...but my vote is for Italia!

#16 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
          • 684 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Yari
            I am late to this thread...I was in Tuscany last May. It was the best vacation of my life. My FI and I had so much fun!! The history, views, wine and food...OMG!!

Bora Bora sounds awesome too...but my vote is for Italia!
            TUSCANY is what i had in mind. I haven't researched it but i have heard great things about it. can you tell me more?

#17 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:28 PM

Seriously, it is beautiful. We stayed in a villa that was amazing. Every little town in Tuscany has its own beauty...my fav was San Giamano (sp?). Rome was also amazing, so much walking, eating and drinking. It was incredible to see such old buildings and the art OMG!

Do you have any specific questions?

#18 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
              • 684 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:54 PM

what is tuscany like? I picture it to be like a little village with cafes and shops and then a beach near by? wine tasting? I guess i should look it up

#19 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:24 PM

Yes, Tuscany is definitely like that. More like a home town feel, so lovely!

#20 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
                  • 684 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:35 PM

thanks Yari! I'm gonna do some reseach, i also feel like it would be very romantic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users