Photo

Inexpensive Invitations

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 BayBug

BayBug
  • 852 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:34 PM

I used :: Passion Paper ~ Unique, Handmade, and Custom Wedding Invitations ::. I really like their artwork and they have a nice tropical theme to them. Perfect for a destination wedding.
    Angie

#12 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:48 PM

Wow, that is a lot of people to send invites to! I have far fewer than you & I did semi-DIY pocket fold invites. I got all of my supplies from cardsandpockets.com for less than $150. So, that's $5 per, but since I have such a small group, it was worth it.

#13 Mrs.Morley

Mrs.Morley
      • 259 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:24 PM

I will definitely use this site for my church ceremony but does any one know of a site where I can purchase a minimal number of invites since our DW will be very intimate (maybe 10 couples)?

#14 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

I bought mine from Target, they have sets of 50 DIY for $24 (I got my first two boxes on clearance)
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#15 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:52 AM

Thanks guys! These are all great. I don't know why but these invites are stressing me out. Maybe I should worry about finalizing my location and date first. LOL.

-Glenda

#16 AmyInMI

AmyInMI
          • 547 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:49 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
            Wow, that is a lot of people to send invites to! I have far fewer than you & I did semi-DIY pocket fold invites. I got all of my supplies from cardsandpockets.com for less than $150. So, that's $5 per, but since I have such a small group, it was worth it.
            Do you happen to have a pic of your invites? I just checked out the Cards and Pockets website and love their vertical invite. I did not see where they had any examples of any tropical themed ones though and was wondering how something like that would look.
            http://i77.photobuck....nsetkiss-1.jpg
            Amy & Aaron
            May 10, 2008
            Dreams Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico

#17 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:18 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by akh
              Another idea to save a little money is to just send the Save the Dates out to the entire list of people (these are typically cheaper), then only send the formal invitations out to the people you know are coming, or think might come.
              That is exactly what we did... and your right we saved a TON of money that way.

#18 evonut

evonut
              • 92 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:24 PM

I'm going out on a limb here...I'm sending email invites!

LOL.

Seriously, I am. The email will have a URL link to our wedding blog which has the 'invitation' on the page.

Sure cuts down our stationary costs but we still pay the hosting costs (aprox $100 for a year.)

#19 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                • 5,248 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:11 PM

Will you tell people to RSVP on your site as well? My friend sent out e-invites and it actually worked out really well. People are so busy nowadays that they do everything from the Internet/hand held thingiemagingies. People got back to her much quicker than my friends who had traditional wedding invites (which believe it or not most people misplace it and/or lose it. Good luck with this I hope it works. Are you using e-invite or just sending out a general e-mail created by you?

-Glenda

#20 mexico15

mexico15
                  • 250 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:56 PM

I was going to use this site, until I changed my invites to message in the bottles...
                    Item # VK9028-43 - Invitations and Announcements by Invitation Consultants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users