Photo

Inexpensive Invitations

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:51 PM

Ok I have started looking at invitations and everything I see seems to be very expensive. Does anyone have any good sites for affordable invitations? What I mean by expensive is that once I started tacking on return cards and return envelopes it was starting to come out to more than $1,000. I think invitations is the one place I really want to cut costs so if anyone knows any good sites, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

-Glenda

#2 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
    • 631 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:56 PM

1,000 is your invite budget? how many invites?

girl you can go expensive for 1000...

I used olio.style - modern wedding invitations, stylish baby announcements, unique custom stationery
      peggy was awesome...they are based in cali...she put me in her "testamonial" lol I AM FAMOUS! just kidding

they can even do pocketfold for you

#3 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
      • 631 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:57 PM

my testamonial is gone

#4 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:00 PM

Thanks these look really pretty and elegant. But I don't see pricing. Do you have to e-mail them to get a price? BTW my budget is not $1,000 it's just that when I looked at other sites it would come out to that much! I am probably going to invite a lot of people 250-300 b/c I can't offend anyone, blah, blah, blah but I'm pretty sure only 50 or so will go.

-Glenda

#5 Janet

Janet
          • VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:01 PM

Glenda I got really nice invites with thick paper, lined envelopes, and thermography ink for $280 for 100 of them.

There is a site called eInvite but if you get there via Wedding Invitations, Birth Announcements, Party Invitations ¢â¬â€ eInvite.com at Costco.com then you get 25%+ off because it's linked to Costco.

They will send you samples too. Mine were really simple white squares with one color ink. You can pick your color and font and stuff.

No they weren't fancy but they totally served their purpose and they didn't look cheapy at all.

#6 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
            • 631 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

WOW that is a lot of invites....

Yeah shoot peggy an e-mail and tell her Sherri sent yah! She is very responsive and they are quick!

and ask where my testamonial is at I want my 5 min of internet fame back lol lol

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:04 PM

Another idea to save a little money is to just send the Save the Dates out to the entire list of people (these are typically cheaper), then only send the formal invitations out to the people you know are coming, or think might come.

#8 Janet

Janet
                • VIP Member
                • 7,459 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:09 PM

here are some samples:

Shell invite: Wedding > Wedding Invitations > Traditional > Splendid Scallop ¢â¬â€ eInvite.com at Costco.com

Simple white squares: Wedding > Wedding Invitations > Traditional > Beveled Snow-White Emperor, Single-Layer ¢â¬â€ eInvite.com at Costco.com (you could totally make these cute with a little DIY-ness too)

Modern-y floral: Wedding > Wedding Invitations > Latest Trends > Floral Silouette ¢â¬â€ eInvite.com at Costco.com or Wedding > Wedding Invitations > Latest Trends > Aged Rose ¢â¬â€ eInvite.com at Costco.com

Others I like:
                  Wedding > Wedding Invitations > Lavish Looks > Geo and Satin ¢â¬â€ eInvite.com at Costco.com

Wedding > Wedding Invitations > Lavish Looks > Ellen Invitation ¢â¬â€ eInvite.com at Costco.com (letterpress for a good price)

anyway...you get my drift :)

#9 jpkw

jpkw
                  • VIP Member
                  • 1,650 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:43 PM

thanks for the ideas Janet. someone had just told me about getting invites from Costco - I'm going to look into it!

#10 NHPT

NHPT
                    • 3,848 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:48 PM

janet-
                      I love those invites- i am definately going to use them- thanks for the tip!
                      Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users