Photo

PPR brides, anyone using $900 outside dance floor?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MrsTrussell2B

MrsTrussell2B
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:43 PM

I am expecting about 50 guests. Im trying to determine if its worth it to pay $900 for the outside dance floor. Is anyone else doing this?

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:23 PM

I was going to do the $900 dance floor because my reception is on the beach. I thought it might be too hard to dance in the sand and didn't want sand being kicked up at my guests. Do you know if lights are included with the dance floor?
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:47 PM

Wow that's expensive guys! IMO dancing on the sand is feasible if you don't have the budget for the $900.

#4 MrsTrussell2B

MrsTrussell2B
        • 90 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:23 PM

Danielle I doubt lights are included! They dont seem to want to give us anything for free.
          And i do agree $900 is very expensive! especially for less than 50 guests who may not dance at all.

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:30 PM

Yeah, i'm getting tired of paying for every little thing. When I first saw $900 I thought that was outrageous, but I think i'm becoming numb to the high prices.

#6 MrsTrussell2B

MrsTrussell2B
            • 90 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:36 PM

Im becoming numb to the entire thing. I chose PPR because i was in love with the Chill Out Chic package. Now i dont even like it because the menu is not what i imagined. So im having to customize my wedding and reception and everytime i turn around there is another fee for something. Anyway if im going to spend $900 i think i would really need to more guests. after reading the posts of other brides venting about their guests backing out i expect my 50 people to be cut in half and the party will mainly be made of women so who are they gonna dance with anyway? LOL

#7 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:40 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by MrsTrussell2B
                Im becoming numb to the entire thing. I chose PPR because i was in love with the Chill Out Chic package. Now i dont even like it because the menu is not what i imagined. So im having to customize my wedding and reception and everytime i turn around there is another fee for something. Anyway if im going to spend $900 i think i would really need to more guests. after reading the posts of other brides venting about their guests backing out i expect my 50 people to be cut in half and the party will mainly be made of women so who are they gonna dance with anyway? LOL
                I was supposed to have my wedding at PPR but I backed out (even after sending in my deposit) bc I realized it was just TOO expensive for the guests to stay there and I wouldnt have anyone go

#8 MrsTrussell2B

MrsTrussell2B
                • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:16 PM

sometimes i do wish i had backed out because now i feel as if I have to cut corners to stay on budget.

#9 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:39 AM

I'm really hoping that it's all worth it in the end, that's what i keep telling myself!!!

#10 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
                    • 684 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:04 AM

wow, that is a lot...but possibly worth it? Dancing is a big party of your wedding and you don't want everyone to struggle with dancing and therefore not want to dance. Maybe see if any other brides had no dance floor and how they liked it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users