ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Is anyone else finding out that half their guests are pregnant?  Five of my friends, who otherwise would come, will either have a one-month old or be one-month away from having the baby at the time of my wedding.  I knew we would have less guests because its a destination; but most of these people we were really hoping could come.  Its looking more and more like it will be the FH and myself with our families (my parents and sisters just booked for the same exact time period we're going - was hoping they would have done it differently).  Sorry, I just had to vent and get that out.  My FI just keeps rolling his eyes when I tell him he should have proposed 6-9 months earlier and it would have worked out so much better ;)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey chica - I know exactly how you feel!! we had so many people excited to go to Mexico, but as soon as we started planning, my matron of honor got pregnant. for that reason (and others), we moved the wedding out a year (a YEAR!!) to give everyone as much notice as possible. despite that, people have made other plans. MOH doesn't know if she'll be able to afford it. two friends (includng the best man) have chosen to go to Europe instead. another friend's son is getting married this December, and they're worried about $$. worst of all, a close family friend was diagnosed with cancer and will likely not live until next year. if only we had gotten married last year!!

but here's the thing - no matter what you do, life will go on, completely oblivious to your intricately laced plans. I can't say I don't still get disappointed sometimes, but I know that I did everything possible to ensure that our guests would have the best chance to come (and they STILL can't make it!!). it's not your fault (or your FI's) that the wedding is when it's planned. and honestly, as you start to realize how much of the wedding is for just the two of you and your close family, I think it becomes more authentic because your focus shifts from the guests to what you truly want. I think you'll have the best experience of an intimate family wedding and then you can still choose to do something (even low-key) back at home to include those who are expecting.

there's a GREAT forum on here that I often read for inspiration, and I hope it helps you, too:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/68207/did-anyone-have-a-really-small-wedding-but-without-intending-to-and-how-did-you-feel-about-it/80#post_1657437

keep you chin up, ok? the wedding may not be exactly what you envisioned, but it will work out perfectly in the end. : ) please PM me if you'd like to chat more. I've been there and know what you're going through.

Originally Posted by hilly1gh View Post

Is anyone else finding out that half their guests are pregnant?  Five of my friends, who otherwise would come, will either have a one-month old or be one-month away from having the baby at the time of my wedding.  I knew we would have less guests because its a destination; but most of these people we were really hoping could come.  Its looking more and more like it will be the FH and myself with our families (my parents and sisters just booked for the same exact time period we're going - was hoping they would have done it differently).  Sorry, I just had to vent and get that out.  My FI just keeps rolling his eyes when I tell him he should have proposed 6-9 months earlier and it would have worked out so much better ;)

well, my parents backed off because they felt bad to invite other relatives to have an expensive trip..my best friend was so desperate to find a man that she married to an old ugly dude that she met online and she moved to St-Louis...due to immigration laws..she couldn't leave USA.  my other best friend got prego...yeah...thx god and I just stayed on course, and I enjoyed my wedding day and wouldn't change a thing!

Hi there, although I am brand new to posting, all of your posts have been a tremendous help!! We have our venue booked (The Royal) Juan Navarro as our photographer and Doremixx as our DJ...we are doing a cocktail hour on the beach following the ceremony and then the reception in a ballroom from 6-10pm...my dress is ordered, all the guys suits are purchased and I ahve an appt with my girls next week to finalize their dresses....we have reviewed menus and are creating playlists for before and after the ceremony on the beach...we will order invitations this month and send them out by early Nov...we have word that many of our friends and family have already booked travel from our websites, which they located via our save the dates....I feel like everything is falling into place, and what was extremely stressful, now seems too easy....we are expecting about 60-70 people...

I know some of you have posted about local florists...I have an idea that I want to encorporate into our table decorations, and will be bringing vases from CA and ordering flowers from someone local to save on costs...I need recommendations...someone mentioned 'Marvin" along with some others...any help you can offer is very much appreciated!

Also, if you can clearly see something I am missing at this point, dont be shy, I've never done this before. :-)

OHHH, and Pinterest is AWESOME for those of you looking for inspiration....really truly a great thing I have found so many ideas on there. :-)

So sorry to hear!!! That must be devastating, but like Kelly said, keep your chin up!  You can't control everything, but as long as you and hubby are married at the end of the day, that's all that matters, right? :) 

Also, side note...just wanted to introduce myself.  I found this site/forum a week ago and have been on it non-stop.  It has been EXTREMELY helpful in helping me choose my resort AND travel agent and I just put my security deposit down today! :) :) :) 

I will definitely be asking all of you Royal brides for help throughout this next year! 

<3!

Originally Posted by hilly1gh View Post

ah, the addiction begins... ; ) seriously, this is such a GREAT resource, and all of us have stories about going to work bleary-eyed from late-night forum reading and DIY projects. you'll love it!! : )

welcome, maggie! and in case you haven't been to the royal, let me reassure you that you will LOVE the it. our wedding will be my third time back. : ) please let us know what questions you have - it's also helpful to pour a nice glass of wine and go through a few hundred pages to catch up. and I've got a FAQ document compiled from the earlier pages of this thread that may help if you want to PM me your email address.

it's nice to see a lot of new brides joining the ranks. : )

Originally Posted by maggiedinh View Post

So sorry to hear!!! That must be devastating, but like Kelly said, keep your chin up!  You can't control everything, but as long as you and hubby are married at the end of the day, that's all that matters, right? :) 

Also, side note...just wanted to introduce myself.  I found this site/forum a week ago and have been on it non-stop.  It has been EXTREMELY helpful in helping me choose my resort AND travel agent and I just put my security deposit down today! :) :) :) 

I will definitely be asking all of you Royal brides for help throughout this next year! 

<3! 

Hi ladies, I like to sneak on here every once in a while to see what's new.  I miss wedding planning SOOOOO bad!

I hope everyone's planning is going good and to the new brides... welcome!!  I don't know what I woud have done without this forum!

I'm going to post my review hopefully in the next day or two, better late than never!

Another question.....my fiance and I are considering doing a buffet.  It requires a minimum 50 guests (which we will have) and based on the menu download it's only 10 more dollars per person.  We have so many picky eaters and looking at the buffets it seems there are more choices. 

Has anyone done one?  Which one did you choose?  Was it worth the money?