Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

OK, so with the new packages...is there still an option to have the reception outside/on the beach? Everything I see is in a restaurant/semi private...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
I have 2 questions for the former brides...

1. If you used an outside vendor for photography AND did a TTD, did you have to pay for another day pass for the TTD session? The beach is public so I wouldn't see why we would have to.

2. IF you used an outside photographer AND you package included the resort photographer, did you still get pictures from the resort photographer in addition to the one you hired since it was included in your package?
We used an outside vendor for photography but didn't do a TTD. However, what we did was pay for Elizabeth and her assistant to stay overnight at the resort. Booking a room for her there was cheaper than paying for a room in Playa del Carmen and then paying for day passes. Checkout the next day wasn't until 12pm so if we did do a TTD, we would have had plenty of time.

We had the new Luxury Package and made use of the resort photographer as well; I wasn't happy with the quality of their photos and was really glad I hired someone else. Nonetheless, the package came with 24 photos and we picked those out. Any additional photos were $10 each and they took 88 in total.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyfranzel View Post
OK, so with the new packages...is there still an option to have the reception outside/on the beach? Everything I see is in a restaurant/semi private...
Yes, we had ours on the beach. However, the new 'beach packages' only allow for 3 hours of reception time and we wanted the party to last until 11pm. Because of this, we paid $15 per guest per every extra hour to have the bar open until the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TightyWhitey View Post
We used an outside vendor for photography but didn't do a TTD. However, what we did was pay for Elizabeth and her assistant to stay overnight at the resort. Booking a room for her there was cheaper than paying for a room in Playa del Carmen and then paying for day passes. Checkout the next day wasn't until 12pm so if we did do a TTD, we would have had plenty of time.

We had the new Luxury Package and made use of the resort photographer as well; I wasn't happy with the quality of their photos and was really glad I hired someone else. Nonetheless, the package came with 24 photos and we picked those out. Any additional photos were $10 each and they took 88 in total.
Stephanie, when we met with our WC, I mentioned that we were having an outside photographer for our wedding and she never ended up charging us for day passes. We actually should have been charged for 3 day passes because we had the photographer, the videographer, and his assistant. Zulma never mentioned a thing about paying extra and we were all prepared to pay it.

I'm really glad that I didn't have the resort photographers for my wedding because I found them extremely annoying. They kept bugging people relaxing by the pool to take their pictures. And, it wasn't just ONE picture they wanted. They wanted all kinds of poses. I just wanted them to go away and buzz off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used the resorts photographer (I had Ceasar) and I thought he was really good. We loved our photos!! I did see them walking around taking photo shoots of people, but it didn't bother us - I thought it would be cool to have a session like that on the beach ( if we weren't getting married there I might have done it!!) We bought our parents each a private dinner on the beach as a thank you and they came over and took pictures. Our parents ended up buying a few and thought it was so neat!! They loved it! :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TightyWhitey View Post
Yes, we had ours on the beach. However, the new 'beach packages' only allow for 3 hours of reception time and we wanted the party to last until 11pm. Because of this, we paid $15 per guest per every extra hour to have the bar open until the end.
So, your wedding was under the new packages that just came out, correct...
So you guys had to get the package that had the "private wedding reception" so you could get the full 3 hours? or is there something else on the website that I don't see?

Also, with the new packages, when it says 15 guests, 30 guests, etc...does that mean food/drinks are covered for that many people?
The previous packages did not cover food...

I am sooooo confused!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyfranzel View Post
So, your wedding was under the new packages that just came out, correct...
So you guys had to get the package that had the "private wedding reception" so you could get the full 3 hours? or is there something else on the website that I don't see?

Also, with the new packages, when it says 15 guests, 30 guests, etc...does that mean food/drinks are covered for that many people?
The previous packages did not cover food...

I am sooooo confused!
Hi traceyfranzel!

Yes, we changed our package from the old Classic Wedding to the new Luxury Package. It included a 3 hour private reception, which we wanted over having a semi-private in the restaurant. We chose the beach as our location. Our reception began around 6pm and we wanted the bar open until 11pm so we had to pay $15 per person per hour for any extra time we wanted.

When the package lists an amount for guests, it includes food and drinks for them. Anything over, you'll have to pay extra. Our package was for 35 people and we had 31 in total.

Hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TightyWhitey.... did you have guest staying at both The Royal and The Gran Portohuh.gif?? I'm just wondering for the reception how much extra you had to pay, if any, for the guest that stayed at another Real resorthuh.gif??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I recommend reading this article
    • Hello would-be-brides! I'm Gaurav, and I've been shooting weddings for over 5 years for my wedding photography business - I Don't Say Cheese. I specialize in candid photography and take great pleasure capturing the story and the essence of love that couples share. I've been shooting around India and have done many destination weddings. However, I would LOVE to cover some international weddings and build my portfolio. It doesn't hurt that I absolutely adore traveling! Back home I charge $3500 for a day's shoot but I'm offering my services for FREE for a chance to shoot your wedding.  You can see my work on my website and on my instagram page. I'd love to discuss the possibilities with you so feel free to reply here or contact me through the website/instagram. You can see a sample set of a wedding I recently shot in Kerela, India here. Wishing you lots of love and luck for your big day!  
    • I'm looking to see if anyone has had a wedding at Dreams Riviera Cancun or any other resorts in Cancun with around 60 guests and could let me know how much they paid TOTAL for the ceremony, cocktail, and dinner reception. This includes flowers, decor, makeup hair, DJ, and all misc.  Thank you!
    • Hello Everyone, I am new here, I heard about this site from a friend of mine that had a destination wedding back in 2012 which was beautiful.  I am leaning towards the DR if I find a place that has all that I am looking for if not Mexico is another great option. Thinking of May 2020 if that is enough time to plan this! I like modern looks, all inclusive for sure.  I definitely want the beach very very close to the pools and rooms, a swim up bar is a must.  I really like the idea of the swim ups in the rooms if possible.  I am going to have friends that bring their kids so it can't be adult only.  I do want to get married on the beach which seems like most of the all inclusive resorts offer. My friend got married at the SENSATORI AZUL BEACH RESORT RIVIERA MAYA and it had all I would want in a resort if anyone has stayed there and has any advice. Thanks for all the help ahead of time.   M&B
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...