Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#9971 tamcalvano

tamcalvano
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

I'm getting married next May at the Royal and am wondering what the expectations are with guests for every day besides the wedding day.  We are planning a meet and greet the night before to welcome everyone, but what happens on the other days?  Is it expected for people to hang out together the entire time and for everyone to go to meals together?  I want to spend time with my guests, but I cant imagine a group of 20 or people hanging out together the whole time.  Thanks so much!

#9972 heathermarie28

heathermarie28
    • 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

I am with you on this, I know some people plan large group excursions on catamarans that leave from the resort or day trips to Talum, but before my wedding I plan on staying on site the two days leading up to it( though maybe a catamaran ride would be relaxing and helpful?) and then I will go on trips outside of the resort i think after and see the ruins and such. That said I plan on having my own time to relax and de-stress and want to maybe create an itinerary for guests in their welcome bag to let them know where we will be at times if they want to say hello. I have 40-50 guests coming so some of them I will see very little I imagine. 

#9973 heathermarie28

heathermarie28
      • 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

Whoops meant to reply not write a new post, well my answer is just below this :)

#9974 kirab22

kirab22
        • Site Supporter
        • 52 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Have any of you had a florist drop off flowers at the front? If so do you recommend any one in particular? And did you get charged at all for doing this?

#9975 acw271011

acw271011
          • Moderators
          • 3,128 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
          • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
          • LocationToronto Area

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

hi. was wondering what the charge is for outside vendors, i.e. photographer? thanks.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#9976 Milla83

Milla83
          • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

Yes, My florist is dropping off my bridesmaids flowers. He was way cheaper then what the resort wanted to charge us, it is still an extra 50 delivery fee which was fine we still saved 160.00. We are using the centerpieces from the hotel since they said they will charge an entrance fee 300 to any outside vendor which I do not agree with  and they will not help set the center pieces. 

So we decided to get 7 center pieces through the resort and I asked for 5 extra vases to put my bridesmaids bouquet in them and use them also as center pieces. 

Here is the florist I used for bridesmaid/  groomsmen flowers . I sent him pictures of flowers and he was on top of things when I would email him. Hope this helps

http://www.mayafloral.com 

#9977 Mikecantarell

Mikecantarell

Insiders

• Insiders
            • 338 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hello Ladies, Take a look at this beautiful wedding full of awesome moments. Happy planning!! ​

#9978 marooon13

marooon13
              • 250 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 25, 2013
              • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen
              • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by acw271011 

hi. was wondering what the charge is for outside vendors, i.e. photographer? thanks.

The charge for outside vendors is $350 per company. I chose to do photography and videography- but going with a company that did both (Photos In Cancun), it saved me $350- even though it was 4 people total.

#9979 marooon13

marooon13
              • 250 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 25, 2013
              • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen
              • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by kirab22 

Have any of you had a florist drop off flowers at the front? If so do you recommend any one in particular? And did you get charged at all for doing this?

I HIGHLY recommend Flores Riviera Maya. Theyre prices were very reasonable (much more so than the resort), they were very easy to communicate with and they dropped all the flowers off at the front the day of the wedding. Their website is : http://www.floresrivieramaya.com/eng/

The resort helped us bring the flowers back to the room then helped us take the flowers from our room to the tables when it was time. They are not expected to do this, but the guys at the resort are friendly and willing to help out if you are nice to them :)

I have tons of information in my planning thread (including pictures of my beautiful flowers)

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/86978/marin-andrew-s-wedding-at-the-royal-playa-del-carmen-a-planning-thread#post_1933388

#9980 acw271011

acw271011
              • Moderators
              • 3,128 posts
              • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
              • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
              • LocationToronto Area

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

I hope there are still people here to answer questions. I see there hasn't been anything posted here for a while. I have a couple of questions for past brides...

1. if your package says "standard" bouquet, can you pick any one in the list? if so, can you change the flower colours? why does the list say +$ (varies in amount) is that in addition to a bouquet being included?

2. has anyone had a really small group here, like 6 or 8? if so did they allow you to do cocktails and a semi private dinner? did they charge extra in any way? everything seems to be minimum of 10 and I can't get an answer from the resort

3. has their vendor fee changed since last year? some places are charging upwards of $800. Royal was quoted at $350 - is that still the same?

4. I see from reading on here that a lot of people are going off resort for flowers - is that just because of cost or because they do a bad job?

5. what is a "signature" cake? do you still get a choice of flavours or is that only on the couture ones? do they give you any kind of credit if you take a couture cake instead fo the signature one that is included?

Anyone that can answer, it would be most appreciated!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users