Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#9801 jordanb

jordanb
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Adcock 

Thanks for your kind comments Jordan :)

We can't wait to finally meet you!!!!!

By the way, have you seen Melissa's most recent wedding story at The Royal? 

Full Slideshow here: http://delsolphotogr...leries/?gal=810

Big hugs,

I hadn't! beautiful :) Thanks for sharing!

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#9802 jenguitard

jenguitard
    • 47 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hey all!

I can't believe we are less than a month away!! And we are leaving Dec 30 and going to be at the Royal Cancun for a week prior before everyone else arrives so I have less than 3 weeks to have everything ready! We are pretty much good to go I think.  Just a few little things here and there to do.  Part of me wants to start packing so I don't forget anything. Lol!  I have been assigned Denys as my onsite wedding coordinator and have yet to hear from her...but I know this is usual from what I hear.

I am working on music and have a few questions if anyone can help?

We are going to be using a ipod/iphone for the ceremony and reception.  For the ceremony I understand that someone from the resort will run it but how does this work exactly?  Do I just have all the songs in order on a playlist?  How do I know how many songs to have for guests seating/bridal party/family walking down the isle/bride walking down?

Thanks as well for all your input and help! I know I am not as active on the forums as some brides but I am still on here alot and plan to do a review when we return!

#9803 deniden

deniden
      • Site Supporter
      • 355 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
      • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by jenguitard 

We are going to be using a ipod/iphone for the ceremony and reception.  For the ceremony I understand that someone from the resort will run it but how does this work exactly?  Do I just have all the songs in order on a playlist?  How do I know how many songs to have for guests seating/bridal party/family walking down the isle/bride walking down?

I had a playlist and I gave my WC the list of what I wanted played when... worked out totally fine! I did 1 song for while everyone was getting seated, 1 song for my MOH (she was my only bridal party person), 1 song for my dad and I to walk down the aisle, and then 1 song for DH & I to walk back down the aisle afterwards.

#9804 jenguitard

jenguitard
      • 47 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by deniden 

I had a playlist and I gave my WC the list of what I wanted played when... worked out totally fine! I did 1 song for while everyone was getting seated, 1 song for my MOH (she was my only bridal party person), 1 song for my dad and I to walk down the aisle, and then 1 song for DH & I to walk back down the aisle afterwards.

That helps so much! Thanks!

#9805 jordanb

jordanb
        • 185 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Hey all,

For those of you who did the light up dancefloor - what size did you do? I am having 50 guests, and most will probably dance at some point. Torn between 3.75 and 5 meters. Price differnce is almost $800 so I'd rather not go with the bigger one if I don't have to. Thoughts??

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#9806 deniden

deniden
          • Site Supporter
          • 355 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
          • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by jordanb 

Hey all,

For those of you who did the light up dancefloor - what size did you do? I am having 50 guests, and most will probably dance at some point. Torn between 3.75 and 5 meters. Price differnce is almost $800 so I'd rather not go with the bigger one if I don't have to. Thoughts??

I didn't realize there were 2 different sizes. We had 46 guests, not including us, and the standard size was good for us. As you can see, at some points, people would dance around the dance floor instead of on it, too.

#9807 jordanb

jordanb
          • 185 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by deniden 

I didn't realize there were 2 different sizes. We had 46 guests, not including us, and the standard size was good for us. As you can see, at some points, people would dance around the dance floor instead of on it, too.

Thanks for the photo - I believe that's the 3.75x3.75! Apparently now there are several sizes. My WC gave me four to pick from!

#9808 jayne3383

jayne3383
            • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hello ladies.  I have returned from my December 8th wedding at The Royal in Playa del Carmen, and everything was wonderful.  No need to stress.  Also, we used Phoebe Landa Photography.  Barteck was our photographer and our pictures are amazing!!  http://www.weddingph...phermexico.com/

#9809 jenguitard

jenguitard
              • 47 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by jayne3383 

Hello ladies.  I have returned from my December 8th wedding at The Royal in Playa del Carmen, and everything was wonderful.  No need to stress.  Also, we used Phoebe Landa Photography.  Barteck was our photographer and our pictures are amazing!!  http://www.weddingph...phermexico.com/

Congrats!! Looking forward to your photos!

#9810 jordanb

jordanb
                • 185 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

Hi ladies! I am heading to Mexico on Saturday for my wedding next Friday!

Quick Q - did anyone else utilize the wedding Site Inspection Program (visiting during planning, and then supposedly getting what you paid for that trip back in resort credit when you return for your wedding), and if so, was it easy to get your resort credit from your past stay? I am in the process of trying to work it out with them right now, and so far it hasn't been an easy process - they're telling me they have on record for my previous stay that it wasnt me (my parents came with us, but we were there too, and I provided confirmation numbers), and that we get less than we paid because it's based on what the resort got from the travel agent who booked us, not what we paid (but we didn't use a TA previously). Just curious as to others' experiences!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users