Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#9771 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

Just a reminder that the webinar for The Royal Playa del Carmen and Gran Porto Real Resorts is this Saturday.  There is still time to register.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9772 scanneec

scanneec
  • Site Supporter
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

Does anyone know if the hot and cold appetizers are included for the cocktail hour with the Luxury Wedding package? During the webinar they stated there was both but my WC is telling me that hot app's are $5 more per person. Just thought I would check here!

Thanks!

#9773 jenguitard

jenguitard
    • 47 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Any opinions on the yummiest wedding cake!? I have read some say the "tres leche" but I do not see it as an option on the cake choices?

Thanks ladies!

#9774 mae1564

mae1564
      • 96 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by jenguitard 

Any opinions on the yummiest wedding cake!? I have read some say the "tres leche" but I do not see it as an option on the cake choices?

Thanks ladies!

When we arrived they had a mini welcome cake for us that was a tres leches cake. I thought it was pretty good, kind of like a white cake with a custard filling. For our wedding cake we ordered chocolate with raspberry filling, which we thought was great! Word of advice, their cakes are huge! So unless you have a huge party coming with you, don't let them scare you that there won't be enough cake. Another bride told me this piece of advice and I'm glad I listened. Our "tiny" cake as she called it, was enough to feed our entire group of fifteen with cake left over.

#9775 jenguitard

jenguitard
        • 47 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by mae1564 

When we arrived they had a mini welcome cake for us that was a tres leches cake. I thought it was pretty good, kind of like a white cake with a custard filling. For our wedding cake we ordered chocolate with raspberry filling, which we thought was great! Word of advice, their cakes are huge! So unless you have a huge party coming with you, don't let them scare you that there won't be enough cake. Another bride told me this piece of advice and I'm glad I listened. Our "tiny" cake as she called it, was enough to feed our entire group of fifteen with cake left over.

Good to know! Thanks!

#9776 jenguitard

jenguitard
          • 47 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

mae1564!  I just realized your wedding was 9 days ago!! CONGRATS!! I hope everything went well.  Looking forward to pics if you are planning to share! 

#9777 mae1564

mae1564
            • 96 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Thanks! Everything was perfect, and why yes I do have a couple of teasers I could share. But won't be until tomorrow probably when I can get to my computer :) I will try to have my bio and review finished sometime in the next week as well, I have lots of details to share. Ugh, I just wish we could go back like today!

#9778 mae1564

mae1564
              • 96 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

Ok, here are a couple of pictures!

#9779 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                • 3,074 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Congrats mae1564! your pics are amazing :) I can see you had your perfect day.....and why you want to go back :) Enjoy your journey and all the Good Times ahead :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                      100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#9780 jaruszen

jaruszen
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 15 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hi!  My wedding is on Friday, November 30th at the Royal and I recently read some reviews on Trip Advisor that said there is construction going on at the resort.  It said something about they are adding swim up bars by a few of the suites.  Does anyone know about this or any information on what kind of construction is going on and for how long?  It is making me a little nervous!

Thanks,

Naomi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users