ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 View Post

We had 40-something people.  I did create a seating chart and gave that to my onsite coordinator with the placecards and they set it up for us. I bought fish stickers and put a sticker on those who chose the red snapper. That was something I was really nervous about, thinking it was going to be set-up wrong but they set everything up perfectly.  The people who had the beef they even had a steak knife at their place setting for them.

I cannot say enough how great Michelle and the servers were at the wedding.  Family that attended our wedding are still commenting about it to us.  My aunt wanted something to drink and the bar was missing an ingredient and she told him no problem and ordered something different.  One of the servers ran, yes literally ran to find the ingredient, brought it to bar, and found her on the dance floor to give her the drink.  They were making trays of shots/drinks and walking abound with them and my one friend couldn't drink alcohol at the time so the servers would make sure to have a "virgin" version of the drink on the tray for her.  I mean the list can go on and on..

I LOVE hearing this! :)

Ana, my coordinator, just emailed me last night that we can mix and match menu items. I wrote her back asking for more clarification, so we'll see what she says.

Was there an upcharge to do the long tables vs the round ones?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello everyone I am new to this wonderful site and have a ton of questions? Would you recommend a live musician for the ceremony over an iPod? Can you mix it up and pick a few iPod songs and the violinist too? Can you choose the music the violinist plays like canon in D for my processional ?

Originally Posted by deniden View Post

I LOVE hearing this! :)

Ana, my coordinator, just emailed me last night that we can mix and match menu items. I wrote her back asking for more clarification, so we'll see what she says.

Was there an upcharge to do the long tables vs the round ones?

The menus that I got sent stated "romance package" "luxury pkg" etc. but we were able to choose from any of the menus.  I bet that's what she means! ;)

No upcharge on the tables, it was something I wanted so I told them to do it that way.  I made a diagram and gave that to my WC.  The morning of the wedding when eating breakfast in Pelicanos I noticed that the tables were different than what gave them so went to WC office and Michelle got on her wallkie talkie, a guy came in looked at the diagram and it was changed.

Don't stress on the menu stuff....there wasn't really a salad that appealed to us so I asked if we could just have a ceasar salad (and the ceasar is amazing and beautiful..it actually stands up on your plate...lol) and that was no problem. Also we only had 15 people but I ended up with 3 entree options, most people had the beef filet which was to die for, a few people ended up with the chicken dish and said it was good and 2 people opted for a vegetarian option. They are very accommodating, so anything you think you would like to have, just ask I bet they will make it happen. We actually done the same for the breakfast that they bring you the next morning we requested different things than they offered and it was no problem. 

Hey, everyone..  I wanted to get married in The Royal Playa del Carmen, but I am so torn on which month to choose!  I want to avoid hurricane season and avoid the hotter months if I could.  I know that April and May are common months to get married, but are prices much higher during these months?  Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Hi, Desiree!

I used to work in travel, so I hope I can give you some insight! The most expensive time to travel to Mexico is January-March because everyone wants to get out of the cold. That is probably how April and May got to be so popular! :) And then you do have the hurricane/hot season from July-October. If you don't want to do April-May, you might want to consider November-December. You might also be able to do June before it gets to be too scorching!

Congratulations!

Originally Posted by DesireeVP View Post

Hey, everyone..  I wanted to get married in The Royal Playa del Carmen, but I am so torn on which month to choose!  I want to avoid hurricane season and avoid the hotter months if I could.  I know that April and May are common months to get married, but are prices much higher during these months?  Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Hi everyone!  Gettin' married at the Royal in April!  We are super excited!  We have been laying pretty low for a while just waiting for our guest to book their rooms but I suspect after the 1st of the year, there will be a flury of planning activity! 

For now I just have one question....

So, I keep reading how most of you brides have been able to give your guests an option of the main course for your reception menu (i.e beef, chicken, or fish).  I have been told that I CANNOT give my guests the option.  All I can do is make a few special requests on the main course for the vegetarians in my party, but other than that, everyone has to eat the same thing.  Were you guys told different or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks in advance for your help...I am so addicted to this forum and everyone on here is so helpful!

Hi Ladies (and gents),

I am fairly new to this forum and figured I might as well introduce myself since I'll be a frequent flier for the next year or so. I am not actually engaged yet, but my bf and I attended a wedding at the Royal in April and it was hands down the best vacation we have ever been on! We have recently decided that we also want to get married at the Royal (date to be determined). I have been reading quite a bit of this thread and am grateful and inspired by everyones ideas and reviews. I am super OCD, so I figured getting a head start- or at least having a list of vendors and ideas- couldn't hurt. First thing we need to nail down is a date. We would prefer a wedding in February or March since we live in Michigan and it would be a nice break from the snow for our guests. However, I know that this is one of the busiest times of year to travel to Mexico. So I may reconsider December. Then again, traveling around the holidays can get pricey as well. Does anyone who has had their wedding in December have any advice? Was it too cold at night to have the reception on the beach & how was the weather overall? Also, I am wondering when the earliest is that you can book a wedding at the Royal. I know that flights are unavailable more than a year in advance so it is difficult to estimate pricing at this time as well. Thanks in advance for everyones help!- and everything that has been posted thus far! Since I have attended the Royal PDC for a wedding, I am more than willing to share any information to the best of my ability- but it looks like this forum has got you covered!