ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph158 View Post
I hear ya! I want the light up dance floor for free without paying for a DJ or the floor too. I want to spend what little money I have on other things but dang I really want that floor!!
Man, I hear ya!

I can't remember if I posted this or not either...but...for the fabric panels for the gazebo...$250USD...

You know...I'm in the wrong business. $250 Fabric Panels, $500 dance floor, $50 pp food (at an all inclusive)...

Wedding coordinating ... that's where its at!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the replys on the music set up/sound system. I'm glad to know we don't have to buck up the $$ for the DJ. I too would LOVE to have that lit up dance floor...guess I'll find out what happens with all of you when it's your turn, since mine is still soooo long away. lol.

I don't know if anyone is intersted, but I was asking Zulma about the resort photograpers, and she sent me a pdf with some of their work on it... and said she was asking Funever photos to get back to me with more info. I am going to see if I can attach the file here in case anyone is interested...

Photo_Catalogue-Fun Ever Photos.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay2679 View Post
What were you told you would pay to have someone run the iPod and equipment for you?

I thought we would use an iPOD, but now, I think we'll just burn some CDs and let them go...

We won't be playing specific music for cake cutting and such in Mexico...just for first dance, father/daughter dance.

There are so many details, like this one, where I really have no idea what else I should be planning, or how it will all pan out...
I was told around $70 but that was from my travel co ordinator and not the hotel it self...I am going to email today and ask!

We won't be having music for anything other than dinner, and the dances...for the cake cutting and such I will just let it play.

Thank you so much you guys!! It was such a perfect day and the pictures turned out so fantastic.

Ok - to answer some questions and give some comments to the last bit of posts:

We asked for the standard cake which serves about 15 people. We had 32 people but Micaela told us that usually the cake goes to waste. When we showed up, we had a cake surprise. We got the upgraded 2 tiered cake. And, most of it went to waste. Everyone was so full from the amazing dinner that not many people ate it. We ended up with 3/4 of it back in our room, which we had to throw out. Very tasty though - tres leche.

We were told that if there if it rained or if it was very windy we would be moved to the ballroom. This happened to a couple that was married in November. Her review is on here under the wedding review's category.

There were 5 other weddings just at the royal the same day as ours. There were a few at the gran too. The beach was packed with receptions and same with the garden. But we really felt like we had our own space. They split the receptions far enough away. There was a huge kitchen set up on the beach which made the food come out even fresher.

When we were there we had one of the smaller weddings - 32 people. We thought we had a huge wedding for a destination one (especially at such an expensive resort too!). The biggest one we saw was 150 people! Crazy!!

Ok - so there may be travel advisories out, but honestly I don't see why. My mom travelled with us as a group but came without a guest. She isn't the most independent person either. But, she stayed in her room alone and went shopping everyday alone (for hours at a time, usually twice a day!). She walked up streets I wouldn't have thought of walking even with my husband. She said she met some really nice people and talked with a lot of the locals. Mom said she felt totally safe. So I'm not sure how much it could have changed in the last 3 months!

OH - and I believe the new Playa Coco Bongo opened - GO if you have the chance. The one in Cancun is unbelievable!! Youtube it - you'll see what I mean!!

Thanks for the scoop, Athena!

I think it was Katy who had her wedding in the ballroom because of rain. She said that it was beautiful and perfect. It sounds the Royal staff is ready for anything.

That's good info on the cake. We'll only have 25 people at our wedding. We'll be sure to order the standard.

Athena, which menu did you choose? We're leaning toward the lobster dinner. It's such a value for such great-sounding food! I'm curious to which menu you all are chosing!

I have been Googling and searching travel saftey info on Cancun and Playa. The more I search, the more relaxed I feel. Thanks everyone for sharing articles and links!

I'm posting my planning thread sometime this weekend, maybe today!

I booked the ballroom so I hope it doesn't rain for whoever else is getting married on the same day.

Other news, my fiancee bought her dress today. She was lucky too because there was some sale going on that knocked off another $100 and also her designer is apparently raising the prices after this weekend by 15%!?? So we saved some loot!

v- holy cleavage batman, your dress is amazing! That dress was made for you! Can you do my 2 favors!? Post your pro-pics when you get them because I can't decide on a photographer and Cecila Dumas is on my short list and two- you totally have the flowers I want as picture #1 of your flower choices (I have been saving that picture for months now, think I got it on this site somewhere!) If you go with that or maybe you already know, I am wondering how much the Royal will change for that arrrangment.

You should be very pleased, everything looks so amazing!

Veronica, Veronica, Veronica!!!

You little Martha Stewart you!!!! I love everything you designed! Isn't Photoshop great?!

You look absolutely gorgeous in your dress...he's gonna melt - and the heat will have nothing to do with it!

I love everything you've planned...

Did you just buy your Coach clutches online?

xoxoxo Congrats...You leave in less than two weeks...holy crapola.

Haha, girls! I'm glad i have everyone fooled that I'm a little Martha! :-) I kid you not when i say that 90% of my planning came from this website! I used so many of Katy's ideas.

And, thanks for the kind words! I am so stoked. I just spent an hour in the gym. Y'all can understand what I mean when I say that I'm tired of working on this wedding. I'm ready to sip drinks, lay by the pool, and enjoy time with my FI, fam, and friends! :-)

And, steph: I'm so excited about the favors! I'm really glad we did the beach towels and nice flip flops. My FI suggested that guests may rather have one or two great gifts than snacks, sunscreen, and little "gimmes".

Shay, we have a department store called Dillards. (Not sure if it is up north.) They had a crazy sale in November. All the handbags were 25% off. These little clutches ended up costing around $60 each, which I thought was great---since I only had to purchase two.

I'm probably going to put the black one in a beach bag with some fun little things (lipgloss, lotion, etc.) or my future sis in law (the one bridesmaid.) It will be a nice surprise.