Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#7461 bride2bdebbie

bride2bdebbie
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:11 PM

Lisa, thinking of you and wishing you all the best... I'm sure everything will be just perfect. Keep smiling:)

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

Kelly,

A lot of my friends of my friends had full intentions on going, but when it came to fruition, it just wasn't possible. I noticed some factors, however:

FI has a about 8 friends going (they are all unmarried, no children and most are single)

I have 1 friend booked (unmarried, coming with her boyfriend)...supposed to have another friend coming, but she hasn't booked and well, wedding is in 8 days. Most of my friends are married with (small) children, so I think that played the biggest factor among my core group because even after the age of 2, you have to pay for their airline seat. 

I will admit, I sometimes send FI a little sad face in IM convos lol and tell him I'm jealous that most of his good friends are going and a lot of mine are not, but I know that I will love and always remember my wedding in Mexico and how much I love him. It does bring me comfort that we are having a home reception, however, so my good friends WILL be at that. You would always do something at home- it can be as simple as a small casual bbq at home, to an elaborate affair, but your friends will definitely celebrate your union with you there :-). I hope that helps.

Debbie & Mark were married at The Royal Playa Del Carmen ~ 20.11.2011

#7462 bride2bdebbie

bride2bdebbie
    • 113 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

Thanks for the info Natalie regarding symbolic ceremony, I'm glad they make it official and have you sign right there in front of everyone. Sounds perfect.

Originally Posted by Natalie79 

Quote:
      Originally Posted by melsramey 

Hi Ladies, it’s has been awhile since I’ve been on here and so much is going on!  Jess those pics are amazing!  I am totally going to work up the courage to do them now : )

Natalie your wedding looked so beautiful; I actually got a little teary eyed.  We are also using Funever as our photography and videographer due to budget reasons, I had requested Caesar  and I am glad to hear he was good to work with and I can’t wait to see the pics!  What time was your ceremony?  We are scheduled to have ours at 6pm on June 19 2011 but now I am wondering if the time should be moved back to 5pm or 530pm so we can have better sunlight for pictures. 

Also we are doing the symbolic ceremony, but we are not telling our friends that we are getting married before we go to Mexico.  Does anyone know if the minister makes it a point to say it’s a symbolic ceremony or do you think they would be able to keep it quiet?  We really want June 19 to be celebrated our wedding date instead of the day that we are going to sign the papers.

As for the explosion over the weekend it breaks my heart that this happened, I can’t imagine what those families are going through right now, my thoughts and prayers go out to them.   I too was worried that our guest, we have 32 so far, would be concerned that this was an act of terror so I emailed everyone as soon as I heard about the story yesterday morning to let them know what was going on and that it was unpredictable and could have happened anywhere.  So far everyone is still on board for Mexico

Hi!  Thanks so much!

My ceremony was at 5:00.  I thought it was a great time to do it.  We did rush a little bit during cocktail hour to get pictures but everything worked out great.  I didn't mind rushing the pics since i'm not big into posing for pics anyway.  Plus, since your in June...you'll have more than an hour more sun than I did, so i think a 6:00 ceremony is perfect in June :)  If you want a little more sun for first dance, etc...you can switch to 5.  I'll make sure to post my Funever pics when I get them.

We also did symbolic and it seems very official because you sign a certificate at the end in front of everyone. 

Debbie & Mark were married at The Royal Playa Del Carmen ~ 20.11.2011

#7463 Jenny310

Jenny310
      • 245 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:28 AM

Thank you sooo much! I haven't even started packing LOL

Originally Posted by bride2bdebbie 

OMG 5 days!!! Jenny you must be so excited... best of luck:)

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jenny310 

Jess welcome back!! I'm happy to hear everything was perfect!! I can't wait to see your pictures!

I can't believe I leave in 5 days!!!

#7464 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
        • 712 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:25 AM

Yay Jenny! I'll see you there on Monday.... I'll be the short one next to the 6'6 man ....or surrounded by a bunch of gay men lol (my brothers and their partners)

#7465 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
          • 712 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Jess welcome back!! I'm happy to hear everything was perfect!! I can't wait to see your pictures!

HAHA me neither....nor have I had my hair colored or cut yet (whoops, where did the time go?)  Luckily today is my last day at work (and also FI's birthday :-) )  I really hope neither of us gets rain!

#7466 Jenny310

Jenny310
            • 245 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:46 AM

Lisa when do you leave?

I have sooo much to do! My roots are terrible LOL going to get groomed on Saturday!!  Oh and to top things off I have a Sinus Infection!!!

I'll def be looking for you! We'll be the loud spanish ppl always at the bar, my FI is Puerto Rican and I'm half Colombian and half Dominican so we have no volumne control when we drink!

#7467 Jenny310

Jenny310
              • 245 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:48 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

Quote:

Quote:

HAHA me neither....nor have I had my hair colored or cut yet (whoops, where did the time go?)  Luckily today is my last day at work (and also FI's birthday :-) )  I really hope neither of us gets rain!

#7468 jesmcan

jesmcan
                • 1,091 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:52 AM

Jenny and Lisa everything will be amazing!!! I hope I have some pics to show you guys when you get back. Don't forget to enjoy every single moment and live in the present :)

xxxooo

Jess

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#7469 msglave

msglave
                  • 933 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:00 AM

Hey ladies!

I played hooky from work today. A little bit ago my doorbell rang and it was the postman delivering a package that I honestly forgot was supposed to come. Anyway, they were the pocket spas that I had ordered for my girls. I had seen them on the internet and they looked o.k. but in real life, I absolutely LOVE them! You can select the fabric that covers the eye cooling pouch and everything. The best part is that the spas range in prices. I chose the bridal spa packages which were only $7.99 each! Anyway, I figured that I would share the link with my Royal ladies. It's http://www.pocketspa.com/ Happy shopping!

The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                    Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                    www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#7470 msglave

msglave
                    • 933 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:02 AM

Lisa and Jenny, I can't believe it's your time already! It seems like Di just got married and we had months left! The time really flew by! I hope you ladies manage to get everything done in the next couple of days so you can be relaxed when you leave.

The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                      www.jadicaandraveyn.com

Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users