Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#7231 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
  • Member
  • 677 posts

    Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:39 PM

    Hey! i used a Dell v515w all-in-one inkjet printer....the cardstock that i used was not compatible to a laser printer so i had to use and Inkjet that could handle heavy paper....the Dell worked perfectly!! When i called staples they told me that the cardstock needed to be compatible to a laser printer so i couldn't go there! Let me know if you have any other questions! 
     

    Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

    Bride2B22,

     

    did you get your invite print in a printing shop? or just you just used a laser printer?  I have about 50-80 to make, and also would need 8 pages, because my FI's side of family are francophones, so the invites will be bilingual.





    #7232 msglave

    msglave
    • Member
    • 933 posts

      Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:08 AM

      Morning ladies!

       

      I am REALLY wanting to do a TTD but it is so not in our budget! Can anyone recommend a photographer with a GREAT price (500 or less?)

       

      Also, I'm not using that person for makeup. I'm using Adrienne from Waves.

       

      Can't believe there's only 39 days left! (screaming)!!!!


      The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
      www.jadicaandraveyn.com

      #7233 kellygrrrl

      kellygrrrl
      • Member
      • 614 posts

        Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:04 AM

        maybe gonzalo nunez would work something out with you. his prices are some of the most reasonable I've seen for the quality. also, sasha gluck has wedding packages starting at $650 for two hours, so I would think her TTD would be pretty well priced.

         

         

        Originally Posted by msglave 

        Morning ladies!

         

        I am REALLY wanting to do a TTD but it is so not in our budget! Can anyone recommend a photographer with a GREAT price (500 or less?)

         

        Also, I'm not using that person for makeup. I'm using Adrienne from Waves.

         

        Can't believe there's only 39 days left! (screaming)!!!!





        #7234 kshows03

        kshows03
        • Newbie
        • 78 posts

          Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:51 AM

          Msglave - LuzMaria Avila is $550 USD.  (Best deal I have found).  You get a two hour TTD session, 30 - 4X6 prints, a DVD with 30 High Resolution Images and a Slideshow.  Her website is

          Morning ladies!

           

          I am REALLY wanting to do a TTD but it is so not in our budget! Can anyone recommend a photographer with a GREAT price (500 or less?)

           

          Also, I'm not using that person for makeup. I'm using Adrienne from Waves.

           

          Can't believe there's only 39 days left! (screaming)!!!!




          The Royal - Playa del Carmen - 2/12/11

          #7235 risa1818

          risa1818
          • Newbie
          • 116 posts

            Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:56 AM


            Seriously these are AMAZING!! I love them!! I want to do passport invites so bad but really suck at DIY projects! These look so professional! You really did an awesome job!!

             

            Can I just hire you to make them for me? haha

            Hey Chicas- I just posted my first DYI Project!! My Passport Invites!! just wanted to share with my favorite ladies!!

             

            http://www.bestdesti...assport-invites

             




            The Manchebo Beach Resort, Aruba - June 11, 2011

            #7236 Bride2B22

            Bride2B22
            • Member
            • 677 posts

              Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:00 AM

              Thank you Risa!!! hey i need extra money so please hire me!!1 haha

               

              we just booked our beach TTD session with Ivan Luckie for the day after the wedding.....he is our wedding photographer too! we might be going to a beach next to the Tulum Ruins! so excited! i need a hot TTD dress!!



              #7237 sirkeen

              sirkeen
              • Newbie
              • 8 posts

                Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:54 AM

                Hi All,

                 

                I've neglected to post on here, but I have tried to keep up with the topics!  My fiancee and I are getting married on November 30th, 2010 at RPDC (We should see Jenny310 and FutureMrsYak there!).  I just got a phone call from Elsa (who has been pretty good, maybe a bit disorganized at some points) asking if we had arranged a person to conduct our ceremony.  I definitely overlooked this aspect!  I thought it was included in our package!!!!!!!!! They will provided somebody for 400$ she said..

                 

                We are having a symbolic ceremony only, so can anyone recommend someone to hold the ceremony for us?!  Bah, 28 days to the wedding, EEEK!

                 

                MIKE.... Probably one of the few guys doing planning around here!



                #7238 kellygrrrl

                kellygrrrl
                • Member
                • 614 posts

                  Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:17 PM


                  a BOY on the forum?? is that even ALLOWED?? hee hee, just kidding, mike. glad to have you - just don't look back a few pages. you might get in trouble! ; )

                   

                  you'll probably want to go with the person the royal provides - otherwise you'll be suckered into the $350 outside vendor fee. UNLESS you feel comfortable having one of your friends becoming ordained and marrying you. actually, if it's a symbolic ceremony, they probably don't even have to be ordained. it'd be good if they had an idea of how a ceremony runs because the royal doesn't really do rehearsals.

                   

                  good luck, and please let us know what you decide.
                   

                  Originally Posted by sirkeen 

                  Hi All,

                   

                  I've neglected to post on here, but I have tried to keep up with the topics!  My fiancee and I are getting married on November 30th, 2010 at RPDC (We should see Jenny310 and FutureMrsYak there!).  I just got a phone call from Elsa (who has been pretty good, maybe a bit disorganized at some points) asking if we had arranged a person to conduct our ceremony.  I definitely overlooked this aspect!  I thought it was included in our package!!!!!!!!! They will provided somebody for 400$ she said..

                   

                  We are having a symbolic ceremony only, so can anyone recommend someone to hold the ceremony for us?!  Bah, 28 days to the wedding, EEEK!

                   

                  MIKE.... Probably one of the few guys doing planning around here!





                  #7239 sirkeen

                  sirkeen
                  • Newbie
                  • 8 posts

                    Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

                    Thanks Kelly,

                     

                    We have agreed to a 100$ outside vendor fee.  So, I am wondering if it may be worth it to look at a company that does symbolic ceremonies.. Is there such a thing???

                     

                    LOL, is it weird that I'm doing a lot of the planning?  Its more of a team effort.. I'm the social one I guess.. 

                     

                    THANKS 

                    Mike.



                    #7240 Lisa DSO

                    Lisa DSO
                    • Member
                    • 712 posts

                      Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:49 PM



                      Originally Posted by sirkeen 

                      Thanks Kelly,

                       

                      We have agreed to a 100$ outside vendor fee.  So, I am wondering if it may be worth it to look at a company that does symbolic ceremonies.. Is there such a thing???

                       

                      LOL, is it weird that I'm doing a lot of the planning?  Its more of a team effort.. I'm the social one I guess.. 

                       

                      THANKS 

                      Mike.


                      Not at all, I'm sure it is a relief for her. My fiance/husband does a lot of the stuff (when I prompt him to lol)

                      Attached Files






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users