Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#6991 msglave

msglave
  • 933 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:47 PM

This is what Di wrote about the resort videographer:

Resort Videographer – B

He did a good job and it wasn’t choppy or anything. It did the job!

I think we're going to go ahead and use them. Don't wanna pay an extra 350.00 for a vendor's fee.

The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
    Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
    www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#6992 msglave

msglave
    • 933 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:49 PM

How many people are you ladies sitting per table? We want to do a head table but that would make the other tables smaller. We definitely don't want 10 to a table. The only way to get 8 would be to separate groups and I'm not feeling doing that either. I'm baffled! HELP! LOL!

The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
      www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#6993 ELIZABELLA75

ELIZABELLA75
      • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

Hi Michelle!

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond!  I haven't gotten a chance to get on here for a few days and right now I'm playing around here while I hope and pray for the Phillies to win! 

We visited The Royal back in January and I have to tell you the gazebo over at the Gran Porto really is much newer looking and very pretty.  I considered using that one but my ultimate goal is to have a room in the building right next to the gazebo at The Royal.  I love the idea of the walkie talkies, too!  I have to look into that. 

I have my dress (just need to have my alterations started next month), picked our photographer (we went with La Luna), have our locations chosen and that's pretty much it.  I picked my bouquet for the most part (just haven't told Elsa) but I will probably change my mind (that's my biggest problem, lol).  We have 38 confirmed as of right now.  I was actually only anticipating about 15 people coming, but the more the merrier!  Right now I am figuring on doing the iPod thing, but I have a friend that is getting married there two weeks from today and if she has any issues with that I might go with a DJ.  We're really not figuring on doing all of the traditional stuff and I don't really have a dancing kind of group so I feel like it might be a waste. 

We are arriving in Mexico on Tuesday and going home the following Tuesday.  I would love to get together for a drink!  I can't wait to have my toes in that sand!!

#6994 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
        • 712 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:40 AM

Is anyone else having a hard deciding deciding on whether they are wearing hair up, down, or half updo? Ugh, I am lol.....

#6995 JHarris

JHarris
          • 236 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by msglave 

How many people are you ladies sitting per table? We want to do a head table but that would make the other tables smaller. We definitely don't want 10 to a table. The only way to get 8 would be to separate groups and I'm not feeling doing that either. I'm baffled! HELP! LOL!

LOL....We're going to sit 8 to a table so everyone can be comfortable, plus it helps to spread out the area so it doesn't seem too compact. We are bringing our own photographer from Houston down but we have him included as a guest to avoid the $350 vendor fee and he's also staying at The Royal. My own and several other WCs from previous brides have stated similar - so at least this seems consistent. 

Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~

#6996 JHarris

JHarris
            • 236 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

Is anyone else having a hard deciding deciding on whether they are wearing hair up, down, or half updo? Ugh, I am lol.....

YES!!! It's hard to decide what to do. I like the half updo but then I don't know how humid it will be in June so maybe up? LOL..... have you found any looks that you like? It's hard finding something that's a little unique that no one has done yet. 

#6997 JHarris

JHarris
              • 236 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:12 AM

Gals that used Fernando for makeup and hair - did you have to pay a fee to the resort for when they came over to do a trial run before the wedding? We're scheduling a site visit early spring and I'm thinking about having him do a trial then but didn't know if The Royal had issues with that. 

It's taken my WC a while to get back to me at the moment so I thought I'd get a quicker response. 

#6998 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
                • 277 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:19 AM

Hey ladies I think I finally found my dress!  Yippee, it's Maggie Sottero Brianna. (I would have never thought to try it on, complete opposite of what I was looking for)

http://www.maggiesot...=15&style=A3398

The only reason why I didn't pull the trigger and buy it is because I've been eyeing Maggie RD1044, and the store didn't have a sample.  They are going to try and get one for me, and will call me this week.  Has anyone tried this dress on? or has seen it in person?

http://www.maggiesot...=1&style=RD1044

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#6999 risa1818

risa1818
                  • 116 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:00 AM

I am most likely wearing mine up. I have found a few pictures of up dos that I really like. My hair is super curly and I am sure it will be humid as hell down there so I am afraid if I wore it even half up half down it would be a frizzy mess!!

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

The Manchebo Beach Resort, Aruba - June 11, 2011

#7000 risa1818

risa1818
                    • 116 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

Ooo I love both of those!! I really love the 2nd one! I think both are super pretty...depends on if you want to go for a more glamorous look ( the Brianna one) or a more romantic, destination look ( the 2nd). I have not tried on any Maggie dresses, but I hear they are a really great fit.

Honestly they are both beautiful dresses and it depends on which you think fits your style best. I am really lovin the 2nd one though!

Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 

Hey ladies I think I finally found my dress!  Yippee, it's Maggie Sottero Brianna. (I would have never thought to try it on, complete opposite of what I was looking for)

http://www.maggiesot...=15&style=A3398

The only reason why I didn't pull the trigger and buy it is because I've been eyeing Maggie RD1044, and the store didn't have a sample.  They are going to try and get one for me, and will call me this week.  Has anyone tried this dress on? or has seen it in person?

http://www.maggiesot...=1&style=RD1044

The Manchebo Beach Resort, Aruba - June 11, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users