Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#6561 jesmcan

jesmcan
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,091 posts

    Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:15 PM


    YAY!!! omg I can't believe it went by so fast, here is where you would post it

    Hi ladies!  I leave for Mexico in 10 days!  Ahhhhh it got here so quickly!  I want to do a planning thread but don't know the best place to post it?  Does anyone know where those are usually posted? 

     

    Runningbride and Fancy That- are ya'll about ready?  Can you believe our days got here so fast?  Exciting and crazy all at once!

     

    S.




    The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

    #6562 JHarris

    JHarris
    • Jr. Member
    • 236 posts

      Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:19 PM

      Hello ladies!! Congrats to those that just got married or are nearing their big day!! YAY!! So yeah, Alux is not cheap and it's a la carte. Thanks for the heads up on food quality. I do like how it was in a cave - so definitely an idea for a pre-party start off point.

       

      JoZee - I gave the wrong date but the right day for the concert. It's Thursday, June 16th 2011 not the 15th. It's some type of country music. I can't believe I'm sharing part of the ballroom space with a country music concert!!

       

      They don't even know what time it will start. As of now it'll be around 8pm- it keeps changing. I wonder if I can suggest to them to hold off until later since there's a wedding going on!!!

       

      Sorry for the venting but it's just downright annoying.

       

      Does anyone know if we can have the mexican trio perform during cocktail hour and have the solo person play during dinner at the reception? Trying to use everything in the Luxury package but hoping to be able to rearrange some things around. 

       

      Jesmcan - can't wait to see your planning blog!! So glad to hear that everything is working out for you. I just know it'll be beautiful.


      Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~


      #6563 jamk32179

      jamk32179
      • Jr. Member
      • 341 posts

        Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:45 PM

        we put the reception music on shuffle. although there were times we wanted to hear a specific song and just asked him to change the music. the microphone came with the package as well. our wedding wasn't too formal so we started off with a thank u speech and just passed around the mic to whomever wanted to speak. it worked out well for us!
         

        Originally Posted by orbitingbklyn 

        thanks for this info!  just wondering, did the guy at the hotel play the appropriate music at the right times?  or did you just shuffle the whole playlist?  also, did you get the microphone for speeches, etc?  i figured i could just say a few things & have anyone doing a speech take the initiative (or have it planned at a certain time)

         

        congrats on a fab wedding!

         

        thanks!

         

        rachel

         


        Quote:




        September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

        #6564 RunningBride24

        RunningBride24
        • Member
        • 539 posts

          Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:25 PM

          Ugh I would be frustrated too!!!! I hope it all gets worked out so you get your wedding, and not 1/2 wedding 1/2 country concert!!! At least you know in advance so you have time to work it out. 

           

          Yep, you can have the mexican trio and the soloist whenever you want. :) I'm having the mexican trio during the cocktail reception and having the soloist during the ceremony. There was never an issue with that, so you should have no problem! :) 
           

          Originally Posted by JHarris 

          Hello ladies!! Congrats to those that just got married or are nearing their big day!! YAY!! So yeah, Alux is not cheap and it's a la carte. Thanks for the heads up on food quality. I do like how it was in a cave - so definitely an idea for a pre-party start off point.

           

          JoZee - I gave the wrong date but the right day for the concert. It's Thursday, June 16th 2011 not the 15th. It's some type of country music. I can't believe I'm sharing part of the ballroom space with a country music concert!!

           

          They don't even know what time it will start. As of now it'll be around 8pm- it keeps changing. I wonder if I can suggest to them to hold off until later since there's a wedding going on!!!

           

          Sorry for the venting but it's just downright annoying.

           

          Does anyone know if we can have the mexican trio perform during cocktail hour and have the solo person play during dinner at the reception? Trying to use everything in the Luxury package but hoping to be able to rearrange some things around. 

           

          Jesmcan - can't wait to see your planning blog!! So glad to hear that everything is working out for you. I just know it'll be beautiful.




          ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

          #6565 RunningBride24

          RunningBride24
          • Member
          • 539 posts

            Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:28 PM


            Thanks Jo!!! :) 

            Originally Posted by JoZee84 



            Hey RunningBride24, I know your leaving really soon.  I have to try and figure out how to get the picture on here.  I got a brochure from my WC with all the info.  and that was on the back.   I'm going to try and scan it and everything and see if it works.  hopefully it does!


             




            Originally Posted by smckinney22 

            Hi ladies!  I leave for Mexico in 10 days!  Ahhhhh it got here so quickly!  I want to do a planning thread but don't know the best place to post it?  Does anyone know where those are usually posted? 

             

            Runningbride and Fancy That- are ya'll about ready?  Can you believe our days got here so fast?  Exciting and crazy all at once!

             

            S.

            AHHH CRAZY!!!!!! Our days are coming SO SO SO soon! We leave the 6th. I keep watching the weather for our weekend, have you seen any? 

             

            Ladies who have already been there, can you help me out? My sister is curious if there is a business center at the Royal. Are there computers with internet set up anywhere for the guests to use? Also, is there any spray tanning locations located near the resorts? 

             

            I just got transferred to Lili this weekend so I'm hoping everything is smooth sailing.

             

            Any suggestions from anyone on where to move the party to on 5th street after our reception is over (10pm or 11pm)? This is my last week of work! I took Monday and Tuesday off to do all of my appointments and prepare! :) 
             


            ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

            #6566 msglave

            msglave
            • Member
            • 933 posts

              Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:36 PM



              Originally Posted by Jenny310 





              Msglave

               

              What's the best way to get in contact with Doranna? I sent her an email thru her website almost a week ago and still haven't heard from her. The woman who was going to do my hair is a very close friend of the family and had to cancel her trip to PDC for the wedding because her brother just passed away and she has to fly to DR and doesn't know when she'll be back. It's very sad to hear I can't even imagine how she feels. Now I'm looking for somone down there to do our hair.

               

              Any other suggestions ladies? From my understanding Fernando is expensive and I'll use the Spazul only as a last resort!



              Hi Jenny, 

               

              I'm sorry to hear about that! Here is Doranna's email address: info@dorannahairstylist.com. Here is a link to her website. Let her know Raveyn referred you. Hope it all works out!
               

              Congrats to all the new Mrs!


              The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
              Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
              www.jadicaandraveyn.com

              #6567 ChicagoBride2011

              ChicagoBride2011
              • Jr. Member
              • 277 posts

                Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:07 AM



                Originally Posted by RunningBride24 


                Thanks Jo!!! :) 





                AHHH CRAZY!!!!!! Our days are coming SO SO SO soon! We leave the 6th. I keep watching the weather for our weekend, have you seen any? 

                 

                Ladies who have already been there, can you help me out? My sister is curious if there is a business center at the Royal. Are there computers with internet set up anywhere for the guests to use? Also, is there any spray tanning locations located near the resorts? 

                 

                I just got transferred to Lili this weekend so I'm hoping everything is smooth sailing.

                 

                Any suggestions from anyone on where to move the party to on 5th street after our reception is over (10pm or 11pm)? This is my last week of work! I took Monday and Tuesday off to do all of my appointments and prepare! :) 
                 



                Yes, there is a business center near the lobby.  Not huge, prob 3-5 computers.  

                 

                Everyone has been recommending Blue Parrot, I haven't been there but anyone that I've talked to that's been there recommends it.  I guess they put on a great fire show. 

                 

                Good luck with everything!  You're date is soooo soon!


                Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011


                #6568 jesmcan

                jesmcan
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,091 posts

                  Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:14 AM

                  Hi Ladies one really good place that does group bookings if you are looking for a dinner or something of that nature of the resort is Di Vino Glass Bar http://www.theglassbar.com.mx

                  Check out their menu. FI and I have eaten here a lot and the service is amazing. It is only about two blocks away from The Royal.


                  The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

                  #6569 Jenny310

                  Jenny310
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 245 posts

                    Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:18 AM



                    Originally Posted by msglave 





                    Hi Jenny, 

                     

                    I'm sorry to hear about that! Here is Doranna's email address: info@dorannahairstylist.com. Here is a link to her website. Let her know Raveyn referred you. Hope it all works out!
                     

                    Congrats to all the new Mrs!


                    Thanks! I just sent her an email and mentioned you but guess what...she's out until October 27th!!!! I really hope she answers me before then! Keeping my fingers crossed!!
                     



                    #6570 Jenny310

                    Jenny310
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 245 posts

                      Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:19 AM



                      Originally Posted by RunningBride24 


                      Thanks Jo!!! :) 





                      AHHH CRAZY!!!!!! Our days are coming SO SO SO soon! We leave the 6th. I keep watching the weather for our weekend, have you seen any? 

                       

                      Ladies who have already been there, can you help me out? My sister is curious if there is a business center at the Royal. Are there computers with internet set up anywhere for the guests to use? Also, is there any spray tanning locations located near the resorts? 

                       

                      I just got transferred to Lili this weekend so I'm hoping everything is smooth sailing.

                       

                      Any suggestions from anyone on where to move the party to on 5th street after our reception is over (10pm or 11pm)? This is my last week of work! I took Monday and Tuesday off to do all of my appointments and prepare! :) 
                       



                      You are sooo close! Best of luck with everything!!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users