Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#6301 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
  • 539 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

He's totally good for his word. It took him a while to reply to me but he let me know his sister did get the check. He is completely legit, just a little slow to respond.....

Sorry for post overload earlier, not sure why they weren't showing up but apparently they went through.....

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

Does Fernando sometimes take a while to respond? I sent the deposit 3.5 weeks ago and he said he was going to confirm with his sister and get back to me, but so far nothing. I emailed him again last week and I still haven't heard back from him, so I emailed him again today. 

Originally Posted by giraffexx 

it took him a little while to confirm my deposit as well. i just kept sending polite reminder emails so he wouldn't forget until I got a confirmation from him. good luck!

Originally Posted by jamk32179 

I had the same issue, but he said he confirmed my time. Oh well hopefully there won't be any issues.

~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#6302 JoZee84

JoZee84
    • 157 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by JYD1 

OMG!!! This totally cracking me up. These fees are horrible!! Are you definiely considering inviting them? At least he can touch up your makeup.

HAHA, I'm only having the photographer as a guest.  Not a make up artist. hehe

#6303 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
      • 712 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by giraffexx 

it took him a little while to confirm my deposit as well. i just kept sending polite reminder emails so he wouldn't forget until I got a confirmation from him. good luck!

Originally Posted by jamk32179 

I had the same issue, but he said he confirmed my time. Oh well hopefully there won't be any issues.

Ok, good :-) Thanks, ladies!

#6304 risa1818

risa1818
        • 116 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

That is a great idea! I am gonna email my photographer  and see if he would be interested in this. You are totally right, I would rather spend the money on a hotel room for them then just give it to the resort!

Runningbride- Thanks for your advice too :)

Originally Posted by orbitingbklyn 

Risa-

I am having my photographer stay at Gran Porto the nite before & night of the wedding (at the Royal).  And he is a guest at the wedding (he has to eat too!).  This avoids the $350 vendor fee.  I double checked on this.  I was told that if he is not staying at one of the hotels then I must pay the vendor fee.  The way it worked out for me, I'd rather pay to have him stay than pay for nothing (the vendor fee).  I am sure you could have him stay 1 night only, but I decided to do 2 nites.

The $100 vendor fee is the old rate.  All outside vendors are now $350 each!

The Manchebo Beach Resort, Aruba - June 11, 2011

#6305 danielle6680

danielle6680
          • 40 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:27 AM

Has anyone else had recent communication issues with the Wedding office?  We are now working with our 3rd coordinator...they just keep shifting us to someone new.  I'm getting a bit concerned now that we are less than 3 months away and I have not received confirmation that all of our requests have been taken care of.  A couple of weeks ago, we were finally set-up with Basecamp.  My gut feeling is that they will start to work on our wedding details as soon as they need their full payment. 

Doug and Danielle ~ December 4, 2010

#6306 Natalie79

Natalie79
            • 112 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by danielle6680 

Has anyone else had recent communication issues with the Wedding office?  We are now working with our 3rd coordinator...they just keep shifting us to someone new.  I'm getting a bit concerned now that we are less than 3 months away and I have not received confirmation that all of our requests have been taken care of.  A couple of weeks ago, we were finally set-up with Basecamp.  My gut feeling is that they will start to work on our wedding details as soon as they need their full payment. 

I definitely had issues with the wedding office.  The person who I booked with isn't there anymore, and it was about 4 months before my wedding date when I was put into basecamp, then I emailed my coordinator a few times before she responded with all my questions, which was about 2 weeks ago.  I'm now at 50 days before the wedding and I'm still waiting for the final bill, I turned in my checklist about a week and a half ago.

#6307 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
              • 712 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:30 AM

I wonder why the delays all of a sudden? Surely the weddings have slowed this month with hurricane season. 

#6308 Juliet1

Juliet1
                • 34 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Natalie79 

I definitely had issues with the wedding office.  The person who I booked with isn't there anymore, and it was about 4 months before my wedding date when I was put into basecamp, then I emailed my coordinator a few times before she responded with all my questions, which was about 2 weeks ago.  I'm now at 50 days before the wedding and I'm still waiting for the final bill, I turned in my checklist about a week and a half ago.

My wedding is in 8 days and I'm having trouble getting in touch with my coordinator!!!  She finally set me up on basecamp a few weeks ago and contacted me a couple of times - the last was to tell me that she would be on vacation until 9/13 - my wedding is on 9/17!!  Not sure why they would assign me someone who would be gone during the last stretch of planning.  She assured me that others in the office would help me, but my 4 posts on basecamp later.....nothing.  Not in full-on panic mode just yet, but really really close!

#6309 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
                  • 712 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Juliet1 

My wedding is in 8 days and I'm having trouble getting in touch with my coordinator!!!  She finally set me up on basecamp a few weeks ago and contacted me a couple of times - the last was to tell me that she would be on vacation until 9/13 - my wedding is on 9/17!!  Not sure why they would assign me someone who would be gone during the last stretch of planning.  She assured me that others in the office would help me, but my 4 posts on basecamp later.....nothing.  Not in full-on panic mode just yet, but really really close!

OH my gosh! If you haven't already, go back to your message to edit and then at the bottom, check "all of Royal Weddings" and maybe add a comment about your WC being on vacation. I wouldn't normally advise to contact all the WC's but this would definitely qualify as an exception. If you don't get a response today, definitely give them a call before the weekend. Good luck!

#6310 Juliet1

Juliet1
                    • 34 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

OH my gosh! If you haven't already, go back to your message to edit and then at the bottom, check "all of Royal Weddings" and maybe add a comment about your WC being on vacation. I wouldn't normally advise to contact all the WC's but this would definitely qualify as an exception. If you don't get a response today, definitely give them a call before the weekend. Good luck!

I had that box checked when I sent my messages - and still nothing!  Part of me is so over the whole planning process, that I'm just laughing at it all...(its either that or start crying).  Hopefully I'll hear something soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users