Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#6081 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:44 AM

BTW, if anyone is interested, I ordered my shot glasses and steins from this ebay seller who has been terrific!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350332035627&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

#6082 Natalie79

Natalie79
    • 112 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by jesmcan 

Hi ladies does anyone remember the site that sells really inexpensive items for oot bags like advil, immodium etc? RunningBride you may have been telling me about it but I can't remember.

Just ordered all our bags and mugs wooo hooo

I ordered mine from Amazon...good prices!

thanks for the advice!

If people do individual bookings do they still get the quoted price from the TA or is it up to them to negotiate prices?

If people do individual bookings, then the TA will quote them a price.  But I believe quotes are only good for 1 or 2 days max.

#6083 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
      • 712 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:04 AM

OOh awesome! Thanks, Natalie

#6084 giraffexx

giraffexx
        • 498 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

I emailed my WC this morning to find out about this. This was her response:

when the wedding couple stays five nights or longer in a Master or Presidential suite or 20 ocean view guest suites with a minimum of 5 nights at a participating Real Resort*, the wedding package is complimentary aswell as the Marriage ceremony performed by a Non-Denominational Christian Minister or Justice of the Peace.

I HATE that we all get different answers! 

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

Really? This will be the case for me, so I hope it's true.

#6085 jesmcan

jesmcan
          • 1,091 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

Thanks Ladies!!!

Lisa I ordered mine from the same ebay seller!!! I had our custom logo on it. I can't wait till we get them :)

girafexx - I know I feel the same. It is almost like it depends on what WC you get. By the way those Victoria Secret bandeau bathing suits you suggested are a god send!!! for D boobs ahahaha thank you thank you thank you for tell me about it. I love it!

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#6086 giraffexx

giraffexx
            • 498 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

You're welcome! I know, I love mine so much! Finally a bandeau top for girls with boobs :)

Thanks Ladies!!!

Lisa I ordered mine from the same ebay seller!!! I had our custom logo on it. I can't wait till we get them :)

girafexx - I know I feel the same. It is almost like it depends on what WC you get. By the way those Victoria Secret bandeau bathing suits you suggested are a god send!!! for D boobs ahahaha thank you thank you thank you for tell me about it. I love it!

#6087 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
              • 277 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Heidi82 

Thanks y'all!  I can't wait to see everyone's pictures and hear how their big day turns out!  I am becoming obsessed with finding pictures of different ways to set up the wedding and reception there!

I have a question - Did y'all go with group bookings or individuals bookings for your guests accomodations?

I am not sure what the best route is.  We got a quote from the travel agent we selected for 15 rooms at a group price.  Then she told me that after those 15 rooms get booked they can not guarantee the rates for anyone else who books.  What?! 

Happy Hump Day!

Hi, I'm doing individual booking with a TA as well, and it's been working out great!  You'll still get stressed simply because people read/hear only what they want to, however finanacially there is no obligation from you.  From talking to other brides and TA I wouldn't recommend Group bookings unless you're only inviting a few people and you know that they are all coming.   We invited 240 people so it wasn't a good option for us.

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#6088 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
                • 277 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:09 AM

I was told that the minister was free if you stay in an ocean front or higher for 4 nights or more

I think it has to be one of the Master Sutes.  We're staying in a Oceanfront Master Suite for 8 ngihts so decided to take the Free Package instead of doing the Luxury as planned, it's actually turning out slightly cheaper for us so far.  

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#6089 rosieposie

rosieposie
                  • 649 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

same! FI had a whole spreadsheet comparison chart going and it turn out slightly cheaper for us too (so far)......

Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 

I think it has to be one of the Master Sutes.  We're staying in a Oceanfront Master Suite for 8 ngihts so decided to take the Free Package instead of doing the Luxury as planned, it's actually turning out slightly cheaper for us so far.  

#6090 risa1818

risa1818
                    • 116 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

I just booked today!!  We are getting married on June 12th at 5pm in the Gazebo and then having our reception on the beach!

So far the wedding coordinators have been good. They created that basecamp website where you keep in contact with them and they respond through there. They have been responding within a day and my TA who is EXCELLENT made sure to sign up on it as well so she is copied on all the emails/threads and when I have a question she asks them directly also.

I was nervous about having the wedding there after reading some of the bad experiences on here, but even though it has only been a few days I have been happy with everything so far ( crossing my fingers that I am not jinxing myself as I say this).

I feel like its finally going to happen now

The Manchebo Beach Resort, Aruba - June 11, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users